Automotive aftermarket executives expect growth in 2006, survey finds
- Prosperity expectations. // Accountancy Ireland;Feb1999, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p33
Reveals that companies in Ireland have shown higher optimism levels than their counterparts in other countries in Europe, according to a survey of 20 European countries by Grant Thornton LP.
- Good news. // Tire Business;7/20/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p8
The article presents a report discussing the future of automotive aftermarket sales. Taking into account the state of the U.S. economy with its fluctuating gasoline prices, tightening credit markets and growing unemployment, the report predicts sales will decline 1.3 percent in 2009 but increase...
- Risky Business. STEFFEE, S. // Internal Auditor;Jun2010, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p19
The article presents the results of the Bank Executive Survey by Grant Thornton LLP about the number of U.S. public banking institutions with a chief risk officer (CRO). During the second quarterly installment in the survey, 71 percent of audit committee members at public banks report that their...
- Grant Thornton survey to reveal industry issues. // Contract Journal;5/18/2005, Vol. 428 Issue 6525, p1
Calls for the response of "Contract Journal" readers to the construction business survey of Grant Thornton which will reveal construction industry issues in Great Britain in 2005. Topics to be revealed by the survey; Significance of the readers' response to the survey.
- Puff and bluster. Hambly, Graham // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p70
The article presents a survey on the decline of female accountants in accounting agencies in 2010. The survey shows that only under 14% of partners in the Big 4 are women, while over 40% is the population of female students. It reveals that PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP have only 12.88% female...
- Service sector business levels accelerate to five-year high. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/11/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4314, p8
Reports that hotels, restaurants and other consumer services firms in Great Britain have recorded an increase in business volumes from 1999-2004, based on a survey conducted by the Confederation of British Industry and Grant Thornton. Level of business for 2004; Business expectations of hotel,...
- Time For Sunglasses? McClenahen, John S.; Purdum, Traci // Industry Week/IW;Mar2004, Vol. 253 Issue 3, p60
Presents information on a survey conducted by Grant Thornton LLP which was completed in December 2003, regarding the financial future of the middle market manufacturers in the U.S. Results of the survey; Strategies of manufacturers for business growth; Benefits of reducing costs to manufacturers.
- FREE TRADE NO TURN ON. // New Zealand Management;Mar2004, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the results of the International Business Owners Survey in New Zealand by Grant Thornton LLP. Percentage of medium-sized firm that would contemplate a move or partial move to Australia should the Australia-U.S. free trade agreement be concluded; Fraction of firms that said compliance...
- Considering Change of Ownership. // Practical Accountant;Apr2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p20
This article reports on the survey conducted by Grant Thornton LLP, according to which that four out of every 10 technology companies anticipate having a change in ownership within the next decade. Among those who expect this change, 39 percent believe a merger is the most likely, while 30...