Utilimaster Corp acquires UCBC assets
- Utilimaster. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jul2005, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p52
This article reports that a leading producer of walk-in vans, parcel delivery vans and truck bodies, Utilimaster Corp. maintains high standards to make certain it meets all of a drycleaner's needs in a commercial vehicle. The Aeromaster includes wider doors and a lower step-in height to allow...
- Utilimaster enters refrigerated market. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p11
The article offers brief information on the refrigerated and freezer configurations for truck bodies from Utilimaster Corp., features of which include roof-or side-mounted refrigeration units, temperature configurable cargo area and curbside doors.
- Chassis line gets new owner, name. Couretas, John // Automotive News;12/14/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5797, p18
Reports on Union City Body Co.'s plans to rename a General Motors (GM) truck and motor home chassis line the Workhorse Custom Chassis upon closing its deal to buy the P-line chassis business in December 1998. Intention to move the line from Detroit, Michigan to a plant in Indiana; Union City's...
- Entrepreneur connects the dots in truck manufacturing. Littman, Margaret // Crain's Chicago Business;08/14/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p65
Reports that Andrew Taitz, owner of Union City Body Co. Ltd., joins truck chassis and body operations. Purchase of General Motors Corp.'s chassis-making division; Earnings of the operation called Workhorse Customs Chassis; Competitors in the truck manufacturing business.
- Bimbo aboard. // Fleet Owner;Jul2005, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p103
Presents a photograph of executives of Workhorse, Union City Body Co. and Bimbo Bakeries USA in line with the construction of the 99,999th Workhorse chassis for a bread van operated by Bimbo Bakeries USA.
- Union Body back on track. // Automotive News;11/22/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5527, p37
Reports on officials' plans to restore Union City Body Co.'s strength and market share. Slowdown in demand in late 1980s; Bankruptcy proceedings.
- Isuzu, Utilimaster join forces to produce new walk-in van. // Trailer / Body Builders;May2010, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that Isuzu Commercial Truck of America Inc. and Utilimaster are building a walk-in van that combines the flexibility of a work truck with the ergonomics of a cargo van.
- Isuzu extends its Reach. // Fleet Owner;Apr2011, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p67
The article offers brief information on new commercial walk-in van Reach, from the partnership between Utilimaster Corp. and Isuzu Commercial Truck of America Inc.
- NEW ZEALAND NIRVANA. // Truck & Driver;Jul2003, p92
For most tourists, visiting New Zealand is all about seeing the cities of Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin, not forgetting the awesome scenery around Milford Sound, Queenstown, Franz Josef Glacier, the Bay of Islands, Taupo and Rotorua. New Zealand is a veritable trucking...