Ask for more -- you may get more!!
- An Indo-Israel Fund in the Making? Revanna, Harish // Siliconindia;Nov2004, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p44
Focuses on efforts for synergy of the Indian information technology services market and Israeli product manufacturing market. Business planning and strategies; Technological/technical issues; Advantages and disadvantages of the collaboration.
- Better Business -- Setting Goals for Your Business. // Extra Touch Online;Aug2002, p1
This article presents information related to setting goals for your business. Set goals that will help focus your business decisions, give you something to strive for and help you measure your success. Set both long-and short-term goals. Long-term goals help you envision where you want your...
- It's not the close, it's the open. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/13/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p10
Presents self-evaluations and idea-generators that will put a seller's inability to close a business deal or sale in the proper prospective. Skills needed in selling; Questions that make the prospect consider information; Description of the proper way to ask for the order.
- HOW TO negotiate effectively. Evans, Carl; Richardson, Mark // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Winter2010, Issue 69, p32
The article discusses ways on how to negotiate effectively, which is an integral part in an organization and an important activity of administrative managers. It mentions that negotiations have three stages including pre-negotiation, the negotiation and post-negotiation and each stage is...
- Negotiation Strategy: Planning Is Critical. Cronin-Harris, Cathy // CPA Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p44
Focuses on strategies for an effective negotiation. Benefits of identifying goals and interests of a negotiation; Need for each party of a negotiation to understand the values, needs and issues from a different perspective; Technique in handling monetary issues.
- More than just squeezing down the price. Vowler, Julia // Computer Weekly;2/14/2006, p22
The article focuses on negotiation skills that are crucial for every aspect of business. Negotiation can be intimidating for many IT staff, one can learn a lot through dealing with children. According to Owen Williams, Head of IT at global property company Knight Frank, the best management...
- Something has to give. Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Atlanta;Sep2009, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p30
The article offers tips how to go over, under or around to accomplish business objectives. First, be honest in reacting when asked to do what has been proposed. Next, watch for telltale signals in the negotiations to know when it is time to try a different strategy. Lastly, provide creative...
- The Financial Advisor As A True Entrepreneur. Bell, Michael // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/21/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p14
The article offers tips on how to create a strategic business that would last for many years including the increased number of clients one choose to have, making one's business more strategic, increasing the transaction value, increasing the transaction frequency, and creating and improving...
- Midmarket Cos Pick Odd Time To Lever Up. R. K. // Bank Loan Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the odd time picked by Midmarket Cos. To lever up. It says that in March, the leverage of a midmarket deal had decreased about 4x from its 6.5x high last September 2007. However, several banks have made deals for some business firms, all with leverage of 5x or more....