Bullying amongst managers rockets as organisations fail to take action
- Even personnel staff have been
victims of bullying at work. // Community Care;9/30/2004, Issue 1542, p54
Deals with the prevalence of bullying in the workplace, according to a research by magazine "Personnel Today." Common bullying tactics noted in the workplace; Main reason for the high incidence; Consequences of bullying.
- How to Handle an Office Bully. Schipper, David // Men's Health;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p114
Offers advice on how to manage an office bully. Initiation of counteroffensive actions; Avoidance of one-on-one meetings; Compilation of records as evidence against the bully.
- It pays to bully-proof your business. Hawkes, Katie // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sept2005, p18
Focuses on prevention of bullying in the workplace. Effects of bullying on victims; Costly legal repercussions of bullying.
- The Scum Always Rises. Schwartz, Gill // Men's Health;May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p118
Deals with bullying in the workplace. Use of anger to emphasize power and authority among subordinates; Importance of flattery to boost egos; Necessity of giving affection to bullies.
- No place for bullies in today's workplace. Lozina, Leonard // Manufacturers' Monthly;May2004, p18
Discusses the efforts to remove opportunities for employees to bully in the workplace. Cost of bullying in the workplace; Employer liability in Australia if the activities can be considered discrimination or harassment; Risk of potential breaches of the occupational safety and health laws when...
- Workplace violence a growing problem. // Labor Law Journal;Oct95, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p649
The article presents information about the "Work, Stress and Health '95: Creating Healthier Workplaces" forum to prevent and control of violence in the workplace. The forum was held in Washington D.C. and was sponsored by the American Psychological Association, the National Institute for...
- Workplace bullying. // Nursing Standard;2/7/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p58
The article presents a self-assessment questionnaire that will help test the knowledge about workplace bullying. The questionnaire composes ten multiple-choice questions which are broadly linked to the learning zone article. Information about the ways how to use the assessment and prize draw is...
- Bully for you. Gregory, Annie // Works Management;Apr2005, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p40
Discusses how employers should curb or manage bullying in the workplace. Description of instances of bullying in the workplace; Working days lost to workplace bullying in Great Britain; Definition of bullying used in employment tribunals; Consequences of management bullying.
- Bullying in the Workplace. Traberg, Yngve // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Apr/May2006, Issue 52, p29
The article presents views about bullying in the workplace. Andrea Adams Trust conducted a survey in Great Britain and found that only 26 percent of those who were surveyed experienced particular policies in their workplace that are configured help victims. Any form of harassment, mentally or...