The starting point for lean manufacturing: Achieving basic stability
- A Fresh Look at Japan. COFFEY, Dan // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p34
The article presents a discussion about Japan as the top designer of industrial processes. Lean production is a term created by the West, coined by a researcher at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), to characterize the manufacturing success of the country. Also discussed is the...
- Application of Toyota's Production System to Reduce Traffic Accidents in Abha's Region - Case Study. Abdelhadi, Abdelhakim Naif // Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engine;2014, p442
Traffic accidents are an enormous problem facing the country of Saudi Arabia and the countries in the developing world. We can take advantages and benefited from applying the lean manufacturing concept which was created by Toyota's company to minimize the number of car accidents and contribute...
- Observations. Barker, Paul // New Statesman;03/20/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4377, p62
Presents information about the Derbyshire manufacturing plant of Toyota. Discussion about modern manufacturing; Methods used by Toyota in manufacturing; Importance of Toyota work practices.
- Toyota to strengthen production in Japan. Kageyama, Yuri // Bluegrass Automotive Report;Aug2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the plan of Toyota Motor Corp. to strengthen and quicken its product development and manufacturing in Japan.
- Toyota to strengthen production in Japan. Kageyama, Yuri // Memphis Automotive Report;Aug2011, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the plan of Toyota Motor Corp. to strengthen its automobile production in Tokyo, Japan.
- Toyota Adopts New Flexible Assembly System. Visnic, Bill // Ward's Auto World;Nov2002, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p30
Presents an overview of the manufacturing process of Toyota Motor Corp. Discussion of the Global Body Line (GBL) of the company; Benefits of GBL; Comparison between the GBL system and the Flexible Body Line system.
- TOYOTA UNVEIL NEW FLEXIBLE TNGA PLATFORM. // Car India;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p18
The article offers information on Toyota New General Architecture (TNGA) platform by automotive manufacturer Toyota Motor Corp. for cheaper production of different models of vehicles.
- Smart Life Won't Tip. // Popular Mechanics;Dec99, Vol. 176 Issue 12, p18
Introduces System of Activity Stability (SAS), a machine that monitors and controls forklift accidents, from Toyota.
- Toyota takes auto assembly digital. Normile, Dennis // Design News;2/5/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the digital manufacturing software introduced by Toyota Motor Corp. Advantage of using the software package name Envision from Delmia Corp.; Information on the company's Visual and Virtual Communication; Knowledge database used by Toyota to supplement the software.