Reaching for Yield: Lessons from the Past
- A Study of Yield Spreads in the Money Market. Ferri, Michael G.; Gaines, James P. // Financial Management (1972);Autumn80, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p52
This article analyzes yield spreads in the money market in the U.S. from 1971 to 1978. The first hypothesis is that the spreads between the rate on Treasury (T)-bills and the rate on each of the other assets are functions of differences in the risk of default or in creditworthiness. T-bills are...
- Far West: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Oct. 12, 2005. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p33
Presents a chart depicting the plain and insured government obligation yield curves in the U.S. for October 12, 2005
- Gainers & Losers: Adelphia/JC Penney. K., K. // High Yield Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the position of several companies for the global high yield investment deal of bond markets. Identification of Adelphia Communication Corp. as gainer and JC Penny as loser of the deal; Rise on the number of Cablevision Systems' bond trade from 2003 to 2006; Reward of a couple of...
- Uganda: Local Debt -- Still Favouring The Long End. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/16/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on the projected decline in the performance of short-end yields in Uganda before the end of 2010. The reasons why short-term yields are likely to remain close to their current, low levels include the unlikely growth of inflationary pressures before the end of 2010. It...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes End Mixed in an 'Unusual Lull' for Data-Filled Week. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p6
Reports on weekly bond yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" in the United States as of July 16, 2004. Revenue bond index; Municipal bond index yield to maturity; Performance of treasury notes.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p44
Reports on the performance of the bonds market in the United States. Municipal bond index; Average yield; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Treasury bills;Corporate bond index.
- Treasury 4-Weeks Auctioned at 0.020% High Yield. Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;12/17/2014, Issue 34228, p1
The Treasury Department Tuesday auctioned $40 billion of four-week bills at a 0.020% high yield, a price of 99.998444.
- Municipal Market Data Total Returns. // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p33
Presents a chart depicting the municipal market data total returns in the U.S. General obligations; Maturities 15 years and longer; U.S. Treasury.
- Weekly T-Bills Go at 0.280%, 0.585% High Rates. Lim, Yong // Bondbuyer.com;12/14/2105, p1
Tender rates for the Treasury Department's latest 91-day and 182-day discount bills were mixed, as the three-months incurred a 0.280% high rate, unchanged from the prior week, and the six-months incurred a 0.585% high rate, up from 0.535% the week before.