Disasters and Energy Concerns Bring Tax Changes
- Basic tax facts about IRAs, insurance, and savings bonds. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;2/20/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 59, p18
Answers questions regarding the taxation of Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs), insurance and savings bonds in the United States.
- New Law Adds Member Retirement Options. Seyfert, Valorie // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;02/11/2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
Examines the effects in the amendment of tax law. Opportunity for credit unions to provide educational services; Changes on retirement planning; Contributions to employer-sponsored 401(k) plans; Flexibility on investment choices.
- What the new IRAs mean for you. Heady, Christy // Christian Science Monitor;8/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 179, p9
Focuses on changes to individual retirement accounts (IRAs) brought about by the tax cut legislation passed in 1997. New types of accounts; Tax advantages; Eligibility; What the goal of an IRA is; The maximum contribution allowed as of 1998; The Roth IRA and how it works; The education IRA and...
- Using The Roth IRA for Current-Year Tax Relief. Grenci, Richard T.; Grenci, Anthony F. // CPA Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p50
The article presents information related to the Roth Individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the U.S. The interrelationship between the Roth and the Retirement Savings Contributions Credit is complicated by numerous factors, including phase-outs. However such complexities can be simplified by...
- Clock ticking for retirement contributions. McCullough, Tricia // Wenatchee Business Journal;Apr2016, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p18
The article offers information on combining tax and retirement savings contributions including the traditional individual retirement account (IRA), Roth IRA, and Solo 401(k) plans.
- How to Convert a Million Dollar Taxable IRA to Ten Million Dollars of Tax-free Cash Without Risk. Auster, Rolf // National Public Accountant;Aug2003, p30
Discusses the use of individual retirement account (IRA) funds to purchase cash value life insurance in the U.S. Background on a problem in the taxation of an IRA; Details of the process of converting taxable IRA distributions into life insurance proceeds; Factors that affect benefits in life...
- Insurer Trade Group Pushing for Tax Bill. // American Banker;11/14/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 219, p9
Reports on the heavy lobbing effort that the American Council of Life Insurers has mounted to persuade the United States Congress to pass a tax bill aimed at boosting retirement savings. How the bill would change individual retirement accounts; Some of the companies that favor the retirement...
- Double up on 2011 distributions. // Tax Strategist;Mar2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p3
The article provides information on the extended tax-free charitable rollovers for retirees to double up on their 2011 tax year distribution as the 2010 Tax Relief Act in the U.S. was passed late in 2010 granting taxpayers extra time to complete their rollovers from their individual retirement...
- Tax Pro Q&A. // Tax Strategist;Apr2011, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
The article presents questions and answers related to taxation in the U.S. including home sale exclusion, application of wash sale rule on individual retirement accounts (IRA) stock sale, and claiming of child care credit.