TITLE

BIT OF BERTELSMANN

AUTHOR(S)
Meza, Ed
PUB. DATE
January 2006
SOURCE
Daily Variety;1/30/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 21, p14
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the plan of Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (GBL) to open their 25 percent shares of stock in Bertelsmann AG into public bidding. The shares were estimated to amount 6.6 billion dollars. The rest of the 75 percent shares were controlled by the Mohn family. GBL may seek the public listing if the stock market conditions are favorable and hope that the shares would attract many investors.
ACCESSION #
19608792

 

Related Articles

  • Bertelsmann's public face. MEZA, ED; ZEITCHIK, STEVEN // Daily Variety;3/23/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 60, p1 

    The article reports on the plans of the Belgium-based holding company, Groupe Bruxelles Lambert to sell all or part of its 25 percent stake in the Germany-based private media conglomerate, Bertelsmann, headed by Chief Executive Officer, Gunther Thielen. The sale of the stocks would make the...

  • Bertelsmann preps flotation. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;06/06/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p4 

    Reports the preparation for a possible stock flotation by Bertelsmann AG in Berlin, Germany. Plans of cutting cost and disposing of noncore assets; Decrease in venture capital investments in Internet startups.

  • Online bookseller faces hard future in new hands. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p39 

    One of Barnesandnoble.com Inc.'s two controlling shareholders bailed last week. Bertelsmann AG agreed to sell its 37% stake to the dot-com's parent Barnes & Noble Inc. Now is a good time for other investors to get out, too. Despite advantages that come with being the online arm of the world's...

  • More control of RTL. Koehl, Christian // Daily Variety;7/6/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 2, p15 

    The article reports that media conglomerate Bertelsmann AG is negotiating to buy the 7.5% stake of WAZ, the largest newspaper publisher in Germany, in the RTL Group, Europe's largest TV company, for $656 million, bringing its holding to 90.4%, The remaining 9.6% is owned by small shareholders....

  • Bertelsmann Stock Swap Paves Way for IPO. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;2/12/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 7, p80 

    Report on the stock swap between the Bertelsmann group and the Belgian investors who share ownership in the RTL Group., a television, radio and film production group. Percentage of RTL owned by Bertelsmann; Impact of the stock swap on the status of Groupe Bruxelles Lambert in Bertelsmann;...

  • NOTED & QUOTED.  // Advertising Age;8/5/2002, Vol. 73 Issue 31, p12 

    This section presents a statement issued by Thomas Middelhoff, ousted CEO of Bertelsmann, regarding why he believes the company will eventually have to consider a stock offering in 2002. According to Middelhoff, a big firm like Bertelsmann can hardly stay competitive internationally in the...

  • RTL SPEAKS CHINESE. MEZA, ED // Daily Variety;3/26/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 56, p7 

    The article reports on the German media giant Bertelsmann's investment in the Chinese TV industry with a 16.5% stake in production group-ad agency Ad Society. RTL Group, Bertelsmann's television division, acquired the stake and holds an option to raise the share. News on the involvement of RTL...

  • RTL STOCK FOR SALE? Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;2/1/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 19, p10 

    The article reports on broadcasting firm Bertelsmann AG which is said to conduct a partial sell of shares of RTL Group SA to help speed up the slow growth of the former.

  • BLOCKING STRATEGY. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;5/23/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 37, p6 

    The article reports on the preparation set by Bertelsmann if the minority shareholder Group Bruxelles Lambert (GBL) decides to put on a 25 percent stake on the block. Valued at around 6 billion, GBL has the right to seek public listings of its stakes in the media giant from Germany. According to...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics