Detroit schools vow to reform, but details to come
- Editor's Introduction. Jones, Anthony // Russian Education & Society;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p3
Introduces a series of articles about education in Russia. Democratic changes in schools; Sociocultural orientation of school teachers; Comparison between Western and Russian pedagogical views.
- Westernizers and Slavophiles in Russian Pedagogy. Gagaev, P.A. // Russian Education & Society;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p64
Compares westernizers and Slavophiles' views on the educational system in Russia. Pedagogical theory; Treatment of school as a sociocultural institution; Historical significance of Russian pedagogy.
- PRODUCT literature. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p95
Features products for schools. Alfred A. Knopf Crown catalog for young readers; Panduit's PAN-WAY Type T-45 Surface Raceway Application/Specification Guide; Bas Bleu catalog featuring a wide array of titles from women's studies to art; ABC-CLIO's catalogs and brochure; Penguin Putnam's catalog;...
- District considers selling school naming rights. // Curriculum Review;Jan2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p2
Reports the debate over the wisdom of commercializing schools in Charlotte, North Carolina. Proposal to sell school naming rights to corporate sponsors; Reaction of educators to the proposal.
- HOW WELL ARE SCHOOLS PERFORMING? // Education;Spring88, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p282
The following principles should apply to the comparison of information about education. First comparison of performance should always be made in conjunction with a comparison of context. Second, comparisons should be made over time rather than between institutions, with the emphasis on...
- Using national value-added datasets to explore the effects of school diversity. Schagen, Ian; Schagen, Sandi // Education Journal;Jan2003, Issue 66, p28
Discusses the use of national value-added datasets to explore the effects of school diversity in Great Britain. Opportunities to explore the effects of school organizational factors on pupil performance due to the advent of large-scale datasets; Large 'grammar school effect'; Relatively minor...
- Global Village School. Carless, Sally // Paths of Learning;Winter2003, Issue 15, p36
Focuses on the goal of the Global Village School for children education in the U.S. Level of love by parents to their children; Effect of advertising on children; Vision of the school for education.
- Market facts. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/07/99 Book of Lists 2000, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p110
Presents information on education and schools in and around Indianapolis, Indiana, as of December 7, 1999. Includes number of college graduates in Indiana; Graduation rates; School districts in Indianapolis.
- My biggest mistake. Thomas, Dave // Inc.;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p129
Opinion. Focuses on the authors biggest mistake in quitting school, with emphasis on the importance of education. Problems which the author encountered in the operation of his business; Advice given by the author to persons who wish to quit school; Advantages and disadvantages of delegation.
- Making The Grade. Myerson Katz, Barbara // Louisville Magazine;Nov2002, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p42
Discusses the various ways to select a school that will provide an A-plus education to a child. Statistics of Jefferson County, Kentucky, schools for evaluating a particular school; Teaching strategies to improve the learning process; Guidelines provided to parents while assessing schools for...