Legislation would dredge up federal funding for ports
- Transportation Bond Sales Surge, But Overall Issuance Stays Quiet. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p50
Reports the decline in long-term municipal bond issuance despite increases in transportation bonds in the United States. Impact of high premiums and strong uninsured paper market on insured tax-exempt bonds; Effect of matching funds form state and federal government on transportation and...
- Garvee debt faces hurdle in Colorado. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p1
Focuses on the constitutional problems faced by Colorado officials in their effort to create a Garvee bond program. Requirement of voters' approval for multiyear debt; Proposal of getting lease-purchase financing; Proposal of issuing Garvees to expedite priority road construction projects.
- Opposition Lines Up Against Austin's $90M Road-Bond Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/20/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33402, p5
The article reports on the opposition of several groups to defeat the proposition to request for general obligation bonds for transportation worth 90 million dollars in Austin, Texas.
- Measure Offering Federal Funds For Dredging Ready for Clinton. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p5
Focuses on a legislation expected to be signed by United States President Bill Clinton that authorizes federal aid to seaports and other parties for harbor dredging, flood control and shore protection. Bond issues which might be triggered by the move; Locations of seaports included in the bill;...
- Mayor Ed Lee Sends $500M Bond to November Ballot. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34153, p1
The article reports that San Francisco, California Mayor Ed Lee has signed a measure to put a 500 million dollars general obligation bond for the November ballot on July 28, 2014. It further states that bond introduced by city leaders and approved by the city's Board of Supervisors is mandated...
- Ketchikan Can't. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p31
Reports on the rejection by the voters in the southeast Alaska port of Ketchikan of a proposal to issue revenue bonds to expand and improve the city's cruise ship docks.
- Port struggles to fill security holes left by funding gaps. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/3/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Louisiana ports' need for more than $62 million in capital improvements to upgrade security measures, according to Port of New Orleans executive director Gary LaGrange. Amount of funds awarded by the federal government to the Port; Security funding requested by the American...
- Port searches for funding to expand cruise ship infrastructure. Boyer, Ellen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/3/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the Port of New Orleans' need for additional funding to expand its cruise ship infrastructure. Growth of the Port; Cruise capacity of the Port's Julia Street terminals; Expected cruise passengers in 2004; Funds already secured as of May 2004.
- Illinois RTA Capital Plans Rely on Borrowing by Service Boards. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/24/2014, Issue 34232, p1
The Regional Transportation Authority of Illinois heads into the new year with a $2.9 billion operating budget and $3.8 billion five-year capital program that relies on federal funds and loans, and borrowings including inaugural issues from two of its service boards.