- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p39
Presents statistics pertaining to municipal bonds in the United States as of December 29, 2000. Market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; State and local government series rates; Futures market; Reoffering yields.
- Long-Term Muni Volume Was $34.24B in June. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p1
Presents updates related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Amount of long-term municipal bonds; Issuance of the bond for teh first half of 2004; Rise in interest rates in the market; Strength of the issuance of bonds.
- Fed's Rate Cut Is Helping Some Get Over Their Fear of Munis. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;10/20/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30503, p6
Discusses the impact of the Federal Reserve's unexpected rate cut to the municipal market. Desirability of shorter-term tax-exempts; Credit consciousness of the retail investor; Favorability of prefunded bonds; Volatility in the long end of the market with Treasuries; Appeal of short-term...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;9/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31963, p7
The article presents financial graphs showing the Bond market Association Municipal Swap Index. The rates in the graph represent closing interdealer swap prices on September 3 using a quarterly net interest payment and weekly reset structure.
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p33
Presents charts and graphs on the bond market in the United States as of February 3, 1999. Includes market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; One-year note index; Municipal bond index and prices; New-issue balances; Reoffering yields; Futures market.
- Sectors Grow At Faster Pace Than Overall Market. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;8/14/2015, p1
Backed by refunding volume driven by low interest rates, sector-by-sector issuance outpaced the growth in the overall municipal market in the first half of 2015.
- Market Post: Muni Yields Fall, Following Treasuries. Flynn, Hillary; Smith, Kate // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p23
The article reports a decline in municipal bond yields by as much as 2 basis points while the front end of the curve held steady. Topics discussed include the drop in Treasuries' yields as tensions in the Middle East worsened after U.S. President Barack Obama ordered for an airstrike on Islamic...
- Bond wariness may hurt city. Jarosz, Francesca // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/7/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p3A
The article reports on the potential impact of the decrease in investors' confidence in the municipal bond market on the city of Indianapolis, Indiana. It states that interest rates on municipal bonds have increased in December 2010 and January 2011 because investors have pulled their money from...
- PRASA Plans to Sell Bond at 10% Interest Rate. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;8/11/2015, p1
The Puerto Rico Aqueduct and Sewer Authority plans to sell a $750 million bond by the end of August, anticipating paying a roughly 10% interest rate.