Salomon Smith Barney opens Houston Office
- SSB Woos Black Investors. Sloan, Susan // On Wall Street;Aug99, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the plans of Salomon Smith Barney to open an office in Prince George's County, Maryland. Demography of the county.
- Nassau County names tobacco team; prepares for a financial turnaround. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p32
Announces that Nassau County, New York has hired Salomon Smith Barney Inc. as book-runner for its planned sale of $200 million in tobacco settlement-backed debt. Aim to help lift the county from its accumulated deficits; Composition of the financing team; Plan to make significant progress in...
- Now It's Official: Walter Knorr Makes the Leap From Chicago to Salomon. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p5
Reports the resignation of Walter Knorr as chief financial officer of the city hall in Chicago, Illinois. Selection of Knorr to the position of managing director by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Work responsibilities of Knorr; Career highlights.
- A Western Office Gets an Eastern Makeover. // On Wall Street;Dec99, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p54
Reports on how Karen Rauch Carter, an expert on Feng Shui Chinese system of environment placement, renovated the Los Angeles, California-based office of Salomon Smith Barney's Audrey Liao. Description of an ideal office from a Feng Shui perspective; Meaning of a tree.
- SSB, UBS Confirmed To Handle W.Va. Deal. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p6
Reports that the Pension Review Board has confirmed that Salomon Smith Barney and UBS PaineWebber Inc. will be the senior lead underwriters for West Virginia's taxable bond sale. Pension panel created by Governor Bob Wise; Review of the proposed sale; Legal issues concerning the bond sale.
- $700M PFC Sale One of Largest Ever. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p1
Reports that Chicago, Illinois is crafting a passenger facility charge-backed transaction that several market participants said could be the largest deal of its kind. Possible sale of the 30-year bonds by April 2001, pending approval by the City Council; Salomon Smith Barney Inc. as...
- Top Senior Managers. // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p6
Ranks the top ten senior underwriters and dealers for worldwide public finance for the first half of 2000. Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; PaineWebber Inc.
- Financial firm presents $3,000 to Woodstock Craftsmen Guild. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/16/99, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p9
Reports that the Woodstock Guild of Craftsmen has received a donation from Salomon Smith Barney as part of the company's contribution program conducted at branches nationwide. Selection of Woodstock Guild effected through the efforts of branch manager Frank Albanese; Applications for donations...
- Mental Health recipient of grant for Invisible Children's Program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/22/2001-01/29/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports that the Mental Health Association in Orange County, New York has received a grant from Salomon Smith Barney. Use of the grant for the association's Invisible Children's Program which supports parents with psychiatric disabilities.