Bill would revive use of roving JPAs
- Zoo improvement measure only a tiger's growl away. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/25/2002, Issue 322882, p34
Comments on issues related to politics in California. Passage of Measure E, a legislative bill; Provisions of the bill; Development of a master plan by the Chafee Zoological Gardens for the rehabilitation of existing, cramped animal exhibits and expansion.
- Will Calif. Opt For This Take On Opt-In? . Duran, Nicole // American Banker;3/27/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 59, p1
Focuses on the state financial privacy laws in California. Introduction of bill by Assemblyman Joe Nation; Definition of the bill; Comments of Oliver Ireland from the law firm Morrison & Foerster on the bill.
- AB 113: Cutting red tape. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/22/2013, Issue 324626, p26
The article offers information on the California Assembly Bill 113, which will be managing registration and regulating new business in the region.
- Karabian reveals caucus before AB 437 vote. // Advocate;11/10/71, Issue 72, p16
Relates the proceedings of the caucus held by the Democratic Party before the California Assembly regarding the legislative bill on sexual acts between consenting adults. Decision of not putting the bill for voting due to lack of support from other legislators; Emphasis on presenting the bills...
- AB 437 defeat angers readers. Hanson, Craig A.; David, Charles; Hoy, Anne // Advocate;11/10/71, Issue 72, p24
Presents several correspondence on the defeat of the Brown Bill advocating the rights of consenting adults involved in private sex act in California. Expression of anger of the gay community over the rejection of legislators; Shame on not participating in the lobby action for the bill; Call for...
- AB 1520 passes Assembly veterans' committee. Ralston, Rachel // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/22/2004, Issue 839, p14
Reports on the proposed AB 1520, an initiative that would allow for state commissioned, privately funded veterans' war memorials, sponsored by Assemblymember Chris Kehoe and supported by Equality California. Assembly Veterans Affairs Committee's approval of the initiative on January 13, 2004;...
- California Republicans Reject Budget as Deadline Passes. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/17/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32156, p3
The article reports on California lawmakers failing to adopt a state budget by the deadline specified in the state constitution. Though the Democrats have solid majorities in both the Assembly and Senate, their numbers fall short of the two-thirds required to pass a budget, and the bill was...
- California bill to allow rainwater reuse systems. MADER, ROBERT P. // Contractor Magazine;Jun2011, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p1
The article offers information the bill introduced by California Assemblyman Jose Solorio for allowing any building owner in the state to install and use a rainwater recovery and reuse system for indoor or outdoor use. As reported, organizations like, the International Code Council, and the...
- Business Anticipates Workers' Comp Savings. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the impact of the legislation on workers' compensation on businesses in California. Approval of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on the legislation; Significance of the law for businesses to save from workers' compensation; Inefficiency of the government to implement the law.