Bill would set aside $1 billion for Hawaii school trust fund
- New and improved pledge lends shine to Texas University system offering. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30459, p26
Reports that the Texas State University System's (TSUS) system-wide pledge earned better-than-expected interest rates as of August 17, 1998. Book-running manager Goldman Sachs & Co.'s pricing of three series of TSUS revenue and refunding bonds; Combined pledged revenues in fiscal 1997;...
- Research digest. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;05/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30649, p9
Presents updates related to municipal bond trading in the United States, as of May 26, 1999. Includes analysts James McGinley and David Jacovini's views on the value of various state bonds; Use of off-balance-sheet financing by universities to fund construction of residence halls.
- Swarthmore College Plans $97M in New Bonds, Doubling Its Debt. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p6
Focuses on Swarthmore College's plan to issue bonds on July 2001. Increase in Swarthmore College's outstanding debt; Credit quality of the college.
- Oklahoma Senate considering bill for university lease-purchase program. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;02/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30580, p3
Reports on a legislative bill pending in the Oklahoma Senate that would create a master bond lease-purchase program for capital equipment allowing the state's universities to borrow through one authority. State Regents for Higher Education's support for the measure; Options for purchasing...
- Triple-A Univ. of Michigan Prepares $220M for Capital Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33406, p6
The article reports on the plan of the University of Michigan to sell 220 million-dollar worth of general revenue bonds in October 2010 as part of its 5.5 billion-dollar capital plan for 10 years.
- Univ. of Scranton Sale. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p31
The article reports that the Pennsylvania Higher Educational Facilities Authority plans to issue 85 million dollar of new-money and refunding bonds on behalf of the University of Scranton. It offers information about the appropriations of the refunding bonds. The author also discusses the terms...
- Oklahoma universities resurrect $350 million bond plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p3
Reports that Oklahoma's public universities are asking Governor Frank Keating and legislative leaders to endorse a $350 million higher-education revenue bond request. Voter approval required for the cigarette tax hike to be used to repay the bonds; Allocation of the proceeds of the municipal bonds.
- Louisiana State University Board Nixes Hospital Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/24/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33137, p5
The article reports on the rejection of a proposed management agreement for a new academic and charity hospital in New Orleans by the Board of Supervisors of the Louisiana State University (LSU) System. The agreement was proposed to avoid sharing power with Tulane University. According to the...
- The Arms Race In College Financing. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p24
Reports on the growing volume of municipal bonds incurred by colleges and universities in the United States. Funding for projects related to student facilities; Biggest investment banks involved in underwriting the bonds; Creativity in coming up with financing options.