2 Texas hospital chains planning to merge
- Merged hospitals will combine resources, maintain theologies. Gardner, Natalie // Business Press;12/04/98, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the challenges of the approved merger between Texas Health Resources and Baylor Health Care System. Difficulty of combining the cultures of three Metroplex hospital systems; Creation of Texas Health Resources in a merger between Harris Methodist Health System and Presbyterian...
- Baylor, Texas Health link inches ahead. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;11/01/99, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p30
Focuses on the proposed partnership on hospital ownership of Baylor Health Care System and Texas Health Resources. Formation of an umbrella company to be called Southwest Health System; Description of the partnership; Approval of the partnership.
- Texas weighs action on Baylor. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;02/03/97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p17
Reports that Texas' attorney general is poised to get involved in the proposed merger or sale of Baylor Health Care System of Dallas, Texas, in a deal that is worth well over $1 billion. Who has been hired to conduct an overview of the proposed merger; Assets owned by Baylor; How the system's...
- BRIEFLY. // Modern Healthcare;10/28/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p28
Presents news briefs on hospitals in the U.S. as of October 2002. Status of hospital merger and acquisition activities for the quarter ended September 30; Employee downsizing plan of Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center; Approval on the construction of a medical center campus in Plano, Texas ...
- Dallas-area behemoths set to affiliate. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;02/01/99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the agreement between Texas Health Resources and Baylor Health Care System to form a company called Southwest Health System in South Texas. Terms of the deal; Information on Texas Health Resources; Comments from Douglas Hawthorne, chief executive officer of Southwest Health.
- BRIEFLY. // Modern Healthcare;5/13/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p36
Presents news briefs on hospitals in the U.S. as of May 13, 2002. Reason behind the announced closure of Columbia Hospital for Women in Washington, District of Columbia; Information on the outsourcing contract signed by Baylor Health Care System with EDS; Status of hospital mergers and...
- Southwest bond-watch. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p27
Focuses on developments related to the bond market in the Southwestern States, current as of November 9, 1999. Includes slate of municipal debt referendums in Colorado; Failed merger talks between Baylor Health Care System and Texas Health Resources in Texas.
- Though questions remain, Texas health merger is still in the cards. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/27/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30756, p36
Reports that the proposed merger of Baylor Health Care System and Texas Health Resources will push through despite some opposition and questions about the merger. Combined debt of the two Dallas, Texas-based health care systems; Name of the merged non-profit system; Savings to be generated from...
- Texas system link on hold over HMO. Saphir, Ann // Modern Healthcare;06/21/99, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p72
Announces the postponement of the proposed partnership between Texas Health Resources (THR) and Baylor Health Care System. Reason for postponing the deal; Why THR cancelled the sale of its enrollee plan to Health Care Service Corp. (HCSC); Details on the original agreement and revised purchase plan.