Garvee debt faces hurdle in Colorado
- Transportation Bond Sales Surge, But Overall Issuance Stays Quiet. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31028, p50
Reports the decline in long-term municipal bond issuance despite increases in transportation bonds in the United States. Impact of high premiums and strong uninsured paper market on insured tax-exempt bonds; Effect of matching funds form state and federal government on transportation and...
- Legislation would dredge up federal funding for ports. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/28/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30567, p39
Focuses on plans to reintroduce legislation that would provide federal funds to port authorities to dredge their harbors. Possibility of matching funds to be raised through bond issuance should the proposal gets approval; Estimation of costs for Maryland's dredging projects; Effects of new...
- Opposition Lines Up Against Austin's $90M Road-Bond Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/20/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33402, p5
The article reports on the opposition of several groups to defeat the proposition to request for general obligation bonds for transportation worth 90 million dollars in Austin, Texas.
- NY finds new clout in transit fights. // Crain's New York Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p17
Reports on favorable prospects for increases in funding for transportation projects for New York state because local congressional representatives have moved into crucial positions in the United States Congress where transit money is doled out. Funding received in 2000; Transit priorities in...
- TxDOT hearing to discuss federal transportation cuts. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/22/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p5
The article reports that the Texas Department of Transportation is seeking public input on how best to respond to an expected mandate for Texas to return $290 million in federal highway funds to Washington.
- So Many Bottlenecks, So Few State Dollars. Quinn, William T. // njbiz;1/1/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the Transportation Trust Fund of New Jersey which provides the cash for the state's road and rail needs. Money needed by the fund to be able to finance transportation projects in the state; Background on the establishment of the fund; Action taken by the state's Transportation Trust...
- City seeks transportation grants. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/08/99, Vol. 17 Issue 6, pB4
Reports that the city of Grand Rapids, Michigan has applied for fine federal transportation enhancement grants for various improvement projects. Reconstruction of Ionia Avenue; Construction of the Grand River Walkway.
- TIGER funding comes to tri-state area. Soule, Alexander // Westchester County Business Journal;11/1/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p44
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Transportation's approval to the Transportation Investment Generation Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant program for the NYCT Sustainable Communities Consortium in New York.
- ARIZONA: Surprise Vote for First GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33152, p9
The article reports on the voting of the first general obligation (GO) bond issue for a 184.9 million dollars proposal which would provide 156.6 million dollars funding to transportation projects in Surprise, Arizona. It cites that the approval of the first GO bonds would mandate a secondary...