Judge delays probe of two firms in wake of suburban Chicago deal
- Banc One offers settlement in Illinois Park District case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/31/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30716, p1
Reports on the settlement offer of Banc One Capital Markets Inc. for a civil litigation with Illinois' Dixmoor Park District. Firm's role as underwriter on bond deals for the park district; Public hearing on the matter; Civil charges; Alleged violations of Chapman and Cutler, district's bond...
- Probe of two Chicago firms' role in 1992 deal may be nearing end. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/21/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30687, p36
Reports on the nearing conclusion of an investigation by the Illinois Attorney General's Office of underwriter Banc One Capital Markets Inc. and bond counsel Chapman and Cutler for their roles in a 1992 bond issue for a suburban park district in Chicago. Charging of Dixmoor Park District...
- Illinois prosecutors considering lawsuit against two firms. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p36
Reports that Illinois prosecutors are considering filing lawsuits against Banc One Capital Markets Inc. and Chapman and Cutler. Banc One Capital's role in a bond deal for a now-dissolved suburban park district; Attempt of bond counsel Chapman and Cutler to settle the case.
- Illinois Attorney General may hire bond lawyer to aid in probe. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p24
Reports that investigators for the Illinois attorney general may hire a local bond attorney to advise him in their probe of whether Bank One Capital Corp. and Chapman and Cutler should face any legal action.
- Illinois attorney general gets additional month for park deal inquiry. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30638, p36
Reports that the Illinois Attorney General's Office has been given another 30 days to finish its probe on whether it should take legal action against Bank One Capital Corp. and Chapman & Cutler. Dixmoor Park District's financial statements; Bond issued by the companies.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
The article presents the list of financial services firm and financial notes who had purchased the general obligation refunding bonds as of October 21, 2014 which include Chapman and Cutler LLP, Kennedy and Graven, and Tax and Revenue Anticipation Promissory Notes.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34201, p1
Statistics are given regarding the competitive sales of the municipal bonds of the different states of the U.S. as of October-November 2014 which includes the general obligation bond purchased by financial firm Chapman and Cutler LLP and several school bonds remain unsold.
- Midwest bond-watch. Shields, Yvette; Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p22
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States Midwest as of December 29, 1999. Extension of the Illinois state attorney general's `tolling agreement' with Chapman and Cutler; Agreement of Iowa lawmakers on the decrease of the state's budget; Affirmation of...
- Spiotto: Detroit's Future Hinges on Capital Market Access. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/7/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33991, p1
The article presents the views of James Spiotto, attorney at the law firm Chapman and Cutler LLP, regarding the decision taken by the government of Detroit, Michigan to file municipal bankruptcy in the U.S. According to Spiotto, the city requires recovery plan related to its infrastructure,...