California panel hikes tax-free private-activity bonds for housing
- SuperCommittee, Super Failure. // New American (08856540);12/19/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p7
The article reports that the members of the SuperCommittee known as the U.S. Congress Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction, charged with finding 1.2 trillion dollars in cuts over a 10-year period starting in 2013, admitted defeat in November 21 press release.
- Republican committee stays mum on nation's debt crisis. Jaffe, Alexandra // Hill;12/12/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 139, p19
The article informs that the National Republican Congressional Committee has maintained silence over the U.S. debt crisis.
- Protecting Funding For Hospital Care and Jobs. Brooke, Penny // Trustee;Oct2011, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the task charged to the U.S. Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction to create a plan that would reduce the national debt by November 23, 2011.
- 'Super committee' aims to cut debt. Penner, Paul // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Oct2011, Vol. 149 Issue 10, p14
The author discusses the initiation taken by the bipartisan members of the U.S.Congress on selected deficit-reduction super committee to reduce debt of the country.
- FINANCIAL AUDIT: Bureau of the Public Debt's Fiscal Years 2010 and 2009 Schedules of Federalb Debt. // GAO Reports;11/9/2010, preceding p1
The article presents the financial audit made by the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) on the Bureau of the Public Debt's (BPD) Schedules of Federal Debt for the 2010 and 2009 fiscal year. It outlines the findings of the audit made by GAO which include the fair presentation of the...
- Partisanship Stalls Super Committee Outcome. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Exclusive Insight;11/28/2011, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Cogress' Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction has failed to accomplish an agreement to cut $1.2 trillion in total spending over 10 years to lessening the national debt. It says that the partisanship in Congress was a factor with some not wanting to...
- Association urges Congress to take 'balanced approach' to debt. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;9/ 1/2011, p1
The article focuses on the letter sent by Lenny Eliason, president of the National Association of Counties (NACo), to the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction (JSCDR) urging them to take balanced approach in addressing federal debt crisis in the U.S. It says that Eliason encourages the...
- CALIFORNIA: Debt Limit Panel Ups Cap. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32802, p9
The article reports that the California State Debt Limit Allocation Committee has allocated $3.107 billion for private-activity bond volume cap. Committee chairman Bill Lockyer said that the fund will help in the state's economic activity. It will also create more jobs by providing a low-cost...
- Tenn. Utility 10 Years Behind in Payments. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/23/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33421, p1
The article reports on the notice issued by the Clay Gas Utility District that reveals its delayed payment on the principal and interest of its debt since 2000 in Clay County, Tennessee. It states that the district has not made a single debt-service payment since the sell of its 3.25 million...