Competitive note offerings
- Supply surge gives munis a jump; Jefferson County, Ala., deal rules. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;03/03/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30590, p2
Focuses on the upbeat trading of municipal securities on March 2, 1999. Raymond James & Associates' deal for the sewer revenue capital improvement bonds of Jefferson County, Alabama; Bear Stearns & Co.'s deal for wastewater bonds from the San Diego Public Facilities Financing Authority; Goldman...
- As treasuries shift, muni experts eye new correlations, short end. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p6
Assesses the benchmark relationship of municipal markets to Treasuries in diminishing government debt in the United States. Effect of the shifting demand component to fund- and retail-based markets; Implication of shorter end municipal curves to the market; Correlation between Treasuries and...
- Focus on...Bond Anticipation Notes. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p22
Deals with short-term securities issued by a municipality or a state in the United States. Investment risk; Tax efficiency; Growth potential.
- Kansas City, Citing Projects to Revitalize Downtown Area, May Issue $95M in GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p38
Reports on Kansas City, Missouri's possible general obligation bond issues after a bond referendum approved by voters in April 2004. Recommendations on the size of the first deal; Use of proceeds from the planned bond issues.
- Aid Bill for Richmond. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that after a delay, the California Legislature has approved in July 2004 a bill that should allow the financially strapped city of Richmond, Virginia, to issue tax and revenue anticipation notes with an investment-grade rating.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p30
Presents a chart depicting municipal bonds in the Midwest.
- Wake Co., N.C., To Sell $119M. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31989, p2
Reports that Wake County, North Carolina will sell general obligation refunding bonds. Capital plans of the county; Plans to issue remaining school and library bonds in 2006.
- Double-A Rated Boston Prepares GO Sale of $80 Million. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p28
The article reports that Boston, Massachusetts will sell general obligation debt valued at $80 million. The fixed-rate bonds will finance several capital projects. The bonds will be sold through i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system. The bonds will mature from 2007 through 2006 and insurance...
- City Getting A Bond Aid. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the plan by the Grand Rapids Building Authority to refund three new municipal bond series. City commissioners approved a refunding process that will put up to $35 million worth of municipal bonds on the market. The bonds will only be sold if the city can reap...