House panel resumes hearing on HUD's annual appropriation
- City reports: Rochester. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the receipt of a United States Housing and Urban Development grant by Rochester, New York for the implementation of a Youthbuild program. Selection as a site; Aijms of Youthbuild programs; Use of funds.
- HUD seeks higher FHA limit, funds for sec. 8. // Mortgage Banking;Apr97, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the proposal of President Bill Clinton's administration to increase the appropriated funds for the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- HUD STUMBLES ON A BUDGET CUT. Hegland, Corine // National Journal;1/18/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p184
Focuses on the 2003 budget cut facing the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Notice sent by the agency to locally run housing authorities; Criticisms raised against the agency; Various comments on the matter.
- Oversight office seen likely to win funds for hiring staff of 60. Prakash, Snigdha // American Banker;8/25/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 163, p8
Reports on the Department of Housing and Urban Development's Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight head Aida Alvarez's request for additional funds to hire a staff of 60 to regulate the Federal National Mortgage Association and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp. Alvarez's plan of hiring...
- Section 8 cuts equal $100 million loss. Casellas, Carmen T. // Caribbean Business;6/12/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p15
Reports that the United States department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has funneled an average of $625 million into the local economy. Comments of Mike Colon, HUD Caribbean coordinator; Possible dwindle in funds; How United States' President Clinton's administration affects the HUD...
- Washington wire. Jacobs, Barry G. // National Real Estate Investor;Apr97, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p30
Reports on developments about the budget of the United States Department for Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Allocation of additional money to renew expiring Section 8 rent subsidy contracts; Launch of processing and underwriting procedures for small multifamily loans.
- Congress panel agrees to Section 8 restructuring in HUD budget. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30243, p4
Reports on US House and Senate's agreement to include Section 8 restructuring legislation in US Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) 1998 budget. Potential shortage of savings targets; Senate approval of the principal components of the restructuring legislation; Legislation's...
- Senate spending bill allows HUD to renew expiring Section 8 contracts. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/10/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30411, p4
Reports on a U.S. Senate subcommittee's approval of spending legislation that would give the Dept. of Housing and Urban Development funds to renew every expiring Section 8 contract in fiscal 1999. Recommended HUD budgets; Housing advocates' favorable response to the subcommittee's decision to...
- HUD spending bill gets approval from House panel. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/29/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30424, p6
Reports that the House Appropriations Committee has approved a fiscal 1999 spending bill for the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Controversy over the increase in the loan limit for the Federal Housing Administration insurance; Position of the Local Housing Finance Agencies on the...