IRS pressures Alabama Solid-Waste Agency over '94 COPs
- IRS Auditing 1997 LAUSD COP Issue. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p1
Reports the Internal Revenue Service audit regarding the sale of Los Angeles Unified School District 1997 certificates of participation (COP) in California. Examination of sold COP for the construction of the Belmont Learning Center; Plans of the district to pursue tax and revenue anticipation...
- IRS launches investigation of controversial Loudoun County COP deal. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30535, p5
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is investigating the 1994 sale of $30 million in certificates of participation to build a government office building in Loudoun County, Virginia. Allegations regarding the certificates; Complaints by the group called Voters Insisting...
- Arizona County May Settle With IRS Over COPs Used for Detention Facilities. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2014, p1
Pinal County, Ariz. disclosed that it may settle with the Internal Revenue Service to favorably conclude an audit of 2004 Certificates of Participation whose proceeds were used for detention facilities, though the county said it believes there are no tax problems with the COPs.
- From the TM3 wire. Selway, William; McEntree, Christopher; Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30471, p2
Presents extracts from stories run over `The Bond Buyer Wire' in September 2, 1998. Progress in the United States Internal Revenue Service's dispute with Birmingham's Baptist Health System; Rise in number of factory orders in July; Estimated insurance claims from property damage cause by...
- After Two-Year Investigation, Getty Trust Stays Tax-Exempt. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p5
Reports that the J. Paul Getty Trust has retained its tax-exempt status in the U.S. Tax-exempt bonds issued by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank for the nonprofit trust included in the investigation of the Internal Revenue Service; Need of the trust to improve its...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.