Kansas governor, legislators differ on transport legislation
- N.J. Transportation Trust Authority Set for $325 Million Sale. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31204, p3
Reports on the decision of the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority to sell bonds for funding the state transportation capital plan. List of financial advisers of the deal; Advantages of a short-term serial structure to retail investors; Support from general revenues and trust fund plans.
- Litigation Threat Dispelled, Wisconsin Sells $285M of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p4
Reports on the sale of the general obligation bonds of Wisconsin. Emergence of threats over a dispute involving transportation borrowing; Approval of all borrowing authorizations; Increase of transportation bonding authorization.
- Irvine, Calif., to Tap Into 17-Year-Old Authorization to Fund Mass Transit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p4
The article reports on the plan of Irvine, California to tap a 3.4-mile long streetcar line, using proceeds from a 17-year-old state bond act. The project will include an additional 1.6-mile transmit line that runs in the opposite direction from the train station, toward the Irvine Spectrum...
- Kansas governor pushes massive transportation plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/07/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30553, p3
Reports on Kansas Governor Bill Graves' unveiling of a transportation plan that will be funded partly by revenue bonds. Evaluation of the state's transportation needs; Sources of finance used by the government to repay debt and fund pay-as-you-go projects; Plan for a debt issuance between 1999...
- Idaho Rides Garvee Train. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p1
The article reports on the plan of the federal state of Idaho to issue about 200 million dollars grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds that will be repaid with future federal transportation grants. According to the Federal Highway Administration, the state joins the 14 states and two...
- Arizona Nears Road Bond Cap With Today's $121M Triple-A Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p34
Focuses on the sale of highway revenue bonds by the Arizona Transportation Board on November 15, 2005. Debt limit established by the state legislature; Value of the board's outstanding senior-lien highway debt; Appropriation of the proceeds.
- Utah Transportation Group Calls for 1% Tax to Boost Projects. Albanesse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32408, p6
The article reports that Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr. has no plans to call a special legislative session to discuss the inclusion of a sales tax for transportation projects on the state's November 2006 ballot. According to the article, the 2015 Transportation Alliance has presented Huntsman...
- When Bonding Is the Right Thing to Do. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;2/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p14
Explains that state bonding is the solution to the problem in transportation in New Jersey. Discussion on the argument of those who support motor-fuels tax increase to address the problem of improving the state's transportation infrastructure; Argument that long-term debt increases the total...
- Transit Money Allocated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32899, p9
The article reports on the $136 million allocated by the state government of California for public transportation projects in San Diego. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger relates that the allocated money is part of the $19.9 billion transportation bond measure that was approved in 2006...