Old plans get new push in California
- Four schemes eyes for San Diego area. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/3/95, Vol. 234 Issue 13, p23
Reports on the San Diego County Water Authority's expected selection of its first new water storage project since 1953 due to threats of water shortages caused by major earthquakes or draughts. Cost estimates for different approaches; Goal of providing two-month supply of water for emergencies;...
- Vouchers give consumers reason to save water. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec98, Vol. 78 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the San Diego County Water Authority's decision to renew its distribution of $75-per-toilet vouchers. Provision of incentives to consumers; Change of water-guzzling toilets.
- Water District plans to refund $70 million. Acello, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;01/20/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
Reports on plans by the Metropolitan Water District (Met) in San Diego, California, to refund money to member agencies, which has resulted from over-collections. Sum of money which the San Diego County Water Authority expects to disburse; Allegations made by Barrington-Wellesley Group...
- Panel member seeks Frahm ouster. Acello, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;01/20/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p4
Reports that a call has been made by Dale Mason, member of the San Diego County Water Authority, California, for the removal of the board's chairman Christine Frahm. Allegations of an unfair voting process that led to the election of Frahm; Changes in the board's voting methods.
- Water-storage COPs mulled in San Diego. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30456, p32
Announces that Martin Bridges, acting treasurer for California's San Diego County Water Authority, will seek board approval to issue $180 million in water revenue certificates of participation on August 13, 1998. Aim to fund the authority's capital improvements and water-storage programs; Total...
- Water Authority Takes Honors for Energy-Saving Program. // San Diego Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p49
Reports the program won by San Diego County Water Authority. Recognition of the effort to use high-efficiency clothes washer program; Percentage reduction in water and electricity by using the program; Number of washers purchased with vouchers in the community.
- North Country Agencies File Suit Against CWA. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p3
Reports that water agencies in North County, California have filed a lawsuit against the San Diego County Water Authority, arguing that the agency has been overcharging North County residents for water services. Imposition of a transportation rate per acre-foot for water deliveries; Legality of...
- Water Authority Taps Into National Desalination Group. // San Diego Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p26
Reports that the San Diego County Water Authority in San Diego County, California has joined the United States Desalination Coalition to raise awareness of water desalination as a resource throughout the U.S. Plans of building a desalination plant at Carlsbad; Alternative for providing a new...
- Water Customers Can Now Go With Information Flow. // San Diego Business Journal;2/20/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p3
The article offers information on business-related issues in San Diego, California in 2012 including the mobile application from Bytes Inc. which allows San Diego County Water Authority customers to access news releases, a seminar on entrepreneurship, and the launch of San Diego E-Magazine.