- Chronic Wasting Disease in NY. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2005, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the discovery of chronic wasting disease in captive white-tailed deer in Oneida County, New York. Decision of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation to begin a deer sampling program; Impact of the disease on deer management and use in the state.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2010, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p28
This section offers news briefs related to environmental conservation in New York. Thomas Reed of Kill Buck landed a record fish while ice fishing on Mystic Lake in Cattaraugus County in January 2009. Several national and international officials visited New York during 2009 to observe the...
- TB Found In Deer. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the discovery of tuberculosis (TB) in a captive deer herd by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. The deer tested positive to a TB screening test and was euthanized. Although the risk of any wild deer being exposed to TB is slight, the Department of...
- Understanding Chronic Wasting Disease In New York State. // New York State Conservationist;Oct2005, Vol. 60 Issue 2, following p32
This article provides background on chronic wasting disease (CWD) in New York and the actions taken by state agencies, and suggests tips for people who handle deer and/or venison. CWD is a nervous system disease of deer and elk only. It belongs to a family of disease known as transmissible...
- CWD Still No-Show. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2013, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p15
The article reports that a total number of 488 dear in Ontario have tested positive for chronic wasting disease.
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.
- Being green and being profitable: Environmental regulation in New York. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Comments on the changes implemented by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Appointment of Michael Zagata as commissioner; Downsizing of the workforce; Total quality management approach; Focus on innovation to solve environmental problems; Development of...