Summer Youth Camp
- DEC Camps Changed My Life. Mulverhill, Kirk // New York State Conservationist;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p28
Reflects on New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Education Youth Summer Camp Program. Activities at the summer camp; Impact of the camp on children; Advantage of the summer camp.
- DEC Summer Camper Recounts Experiences. Plante, David // New York State Conservationist;Apr2000, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the summer camps operated by the United States Department of Environmental Commission (DEC) in New York State. Addition to the environmental education camp program of DEC; Details on the summer camps of DEC; How the camping experience influenced the life of the attendees.
- greenways. // NYSUT United;10/4/2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p31
The article offers information on various environmental education web sites including the Air and Waste Management Association at www.awma.org, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's environmental projects at www.dec.ny.gov, and the Green Schools Challenge project at www....
- DEC won't open some campgrounds this summer. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 71, p2
The article announces that the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will not open some campgrounds in the summer of 2010 in Albany, New York.
- Camping + Family = Fun. Stegmann, Eileen C. // New York State Conservationist;Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on family camping at the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in New York. Facilities in the campgrounds; Conveniences provided by the DEC campgrounds; Outdoor recreational activities offered by the DEC campgrounds.
- How DEC Summer Camp Shaped My Life. Canary, Bret // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p9
The article presents testimonies of how the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Summer Camp shaped the lives of some attendees. One attendee says his experience in the summer camp when he was 13 years old influenced his desire to become a camp counselor. A wildlife biologist...
- Family Camping. Biddell, Ellen // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) campgrounds located in the Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserves. Options available to families at the campgrounds are described, including swimming beaches, hiking and nature trails, canoe trips, and...
- String of Memories--a week at a DEC education camp can change lives. Perry, Dannielle // New York State Conservationist;Feb2012, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p17
A personal narrative is presented which explores a 12-year-old's experience of joining a summer camp operated by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- DEC Environmental Education Camps now accepting applications. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/13/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 62, pA3
The article reports on the acceptance of applications from the youth for 2010 summer environmental educational camps by the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) in New York.