Cross Country Convergence
- NORDIC ESCAPE. Darr, Deanna // Boise Weekly;2/3/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p30
The article offers information on the schedules of races, events, and activities for the Nordic Festivals from February 4-7, 2010.
- Paddy skis out. // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jul-Sep99, Issue 73, p13
Announces the holding of the 1999 Paddy Pallin Cross Country Ski classic at Perisher Valley in Australia. How the ski sport event was conceived; Intention and reasons to terminate such event.
- THE ALLEY LOOP. Bergin, Ron // Cross Country Skier;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p62
A personal narrative is presented which explores author's experience of racing in Alley Loop cross country ski competition held in February 2013 and mentions other events of the competition.
- SKIING IS MORE FUN. Hindman, Steve // Cross Country Skier;Nov2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on diagonal stride as a technique in cross country skiing. It notes that the technique is easy because it is similar to walking and running and is hard because skis slip and slide in ways that shoes or feet do not when one walks or runs. Moreover, it mentions that a strict...
- Babes in snowland. Griffith-Roberts, Carolanne // Southern Living;Oct95, Vol. 30 Issue 10, Sea or Ski p8sls
Lists different ski resorts across the United States that offer skiing lessons to children. Includes Silver Creek, West Virginia; Vail and Beaver Creek Resort, Colorado; Wintergreen Resort, Virginia; Canaan Valley, West Virginia.
- The Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors Instructor Certification Model. Hanna, Glenda // Association of Outdoor Recreation & Education Conference Proceed;1992 - 1993 Proceedings, p7
This paper summarizes the certification program of the Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors. It covers history, mission, membership, course content and certification issuses.
- ONCE YOU LOPP-ET... YOU'LL LOVE-IT THE UNIQUE STORY OF THE CITY OF LAKES LOPPET CROSS COUNTRY SKI FESTIVAL. Remak, Ingrid // Cross Country Skier;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p52
The article offers information on the City of Lakes Loppet Cross Country Ski Festival in Minnesota. It states that skiers get an opportunity to discover golf course terrain, a freeway overpass and a railroad tunnel in the competition and mentions views of Loppet Foundation Director John Munger...
- EYE ON THE TARGET. WINTER, FREDDIE // WaterSki;Apr2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p22
The article offers suggestions on things to bear in mind while participating in water skiing competition which include aggression control to maintain the balance, patience to be on track, and advantage of onside turns while running late.
- A soaring week for the nervy Norse. Ottum, Bob // Sports Illustrated;03/07/1966, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p52
The article discusses the dominance of host Norway in the FIS World Nordic Ski Championship. It cites the strong performance of the Norwegians skiers on Holmenkollen Hill after a slow start at the men's 30-kilometer cross-country race and Russia's strong showing in the women's cross-country...