Peak Bagging in Winter
- The Restless Man. McMahon, Bucky // Esquire;Nov2004, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p92
Presents an article on climbing frozen waterfalls at Ouray, Colorado. Difficulty of the activity; Strategy in climbing frozen waterfalls; Risks of the adventure.
- Have an Ice Day. Holland, Stephen Neill // National Geographic Adventure;Feb2006, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p69
The article presents information about ice climbing, hot tubbing, and adventures in Ouray Ice park, Colorado. San Juan Mountain Guides, the author's outfitter, offers all levels of instruction, and its two-day intro course is regarded as an ideal primer. Local outfitter Skyward Mountaineering...
- An Ice-Climbing Adventure. Kunstel, Stacy // Southern Living;Nov99, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p52
Details ice-climbing in Ourey Ice Park, Colorado. Lessons learned from guide Bill Whitt; Description of the park; Information on San Juan Mountain Guides; Cost of ice-climbing lessons.
- I'M PROUD OF THIS PICTURE. Hosmer, Jim // Saturday Evening Post;1/2/1954, Vol. 226 Issue 27, p37
A photograph of mountaineers atop Mount Rainier, Washington is presented, along with details of the climb.
- LATITUDE ADJUSTMENT. LARSEN, LEIA // Climbing;Dec2012, Issue 311, p39
An introduction to a section of the journal is presented which focuses on the mountaineering areas suitable for ice climbing.
- Ice climbing & mountaineering. Norman, Geoffrey // Men's Health;Sep96, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p90
Looks at ice climbing and mountaineering for men. Mountaineering with experienced professional guides; Dressing for the occasion; Walking on ice and snow; Self-arrest for bringing one's self to a stop. INSET: Pursue higher education (training possibilities)..
- ICE-CLIMB. HARRINGTON, EMILY // Self;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p100
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences as an ice-climber.
- The Right's Stuff. FOX, AMANDA // Climbing;Jun2013, Issue 316, p24
The article offers information on the five peaks that are worthy to climb in the east of the U.S. It cites High Exposure in Shawangunks, New York which is one of the most popular climbs in the east. It highlights Black Dike in Cannon Cliff, New Hampshire which is considered as a benchmark for...
- CARTER MOUNTAIN. Mukley, Aaron // Climbing;Nov2012, Issue 310, p40
The article offers information for ice climbing at Carter Mountain in Cody, Wyoming where the ice formation starts at points Skirmish WI3 and Coldwar WI3/4 and the ice formation starts at the mountain from September onwards.