Moose on the Loose
- IUFD. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1242
An encyclopedia entry for the acronym "IUFD," which refers to intrauterine fetal death, is presented.
- Pregnancy. Bull, M.J.V. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);5/29/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6329, p1609
Examines the complication of pregnancy. Implication of preventive care for the safe of the fetal; Importance of general practitioners on the extension of medical services; Prevention of perinatal mortality.
- SCOOPS. Moss, Meg // Ask;Feb2008, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p2
This article provides an update several research findings of the science community including the strategy of pregnant moose to move about 400 feet closer to roadways to give birth to avoid bears, the 40 near-perfect spheres developed by Australian Achim Leistner, and the cat's way to making memory.
- Ectopic pregnancy in a dog. Buergelt, Claus D.; Russell, Kavin // Veterinary Medicine;
Describes the case of a dog experiencing ectopic pregnancy. Results of the dog's physical examination; Examination of the cranial abdominal masses that were surgically resected from the dog; Recommendations for the treatment of ectopic pregnancy in dogs and cats.
- C-Sections. COILE, D. CAROLINE // Dog World;Nov2008, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses various situations in dog pregnancy wherein a Caesarean section may be needed. A greenish yellow discharge is abnormal when seen prior to whelping. Information on dealing with pregnant dogs that are past their due date is presented. A C-section should be carried on when...
- Influence of Rearing System on Sows' Prolificacy during Gestation. Petroman, Cornelia // Scientific Papers: Animal Science & Biotechnologies / Lucrari St;2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p60
In females reared in individual crates until early control of gestation and in common crates (8-16 heads), prolificacy did not reach values that differ depending on the rearing system: there is a statistically insignificant difference in ttest (p>0.05). In gestating sows reared in individual...
- Cupboard care. MAUDE, HEATHER // BEEF;Feb2015, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p38
The article looks at the cleaning of vet cupboard and fridge before beginning of spring animal health work. Topics discussed include importance of syringe maintenance and usage methods, views of Ron Gill, Texas A&M University Extension specialist, and use of modifiedlive virus (MLV) vaccines in...
- Comparison of Cardiac Arrhythmias between Late Pregnancy and Early Post-partum Periods in Clinically Healthy Iranian Fat-Tailed Sheep. Pourjafar, Mehrdad; Badiei, Khalil; Chalmeh, Ali Asghar; Sanati, Ahmad Reza; Sabouri, Hassan // Pakistan Veterinary Journal;2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p309
The current study was conducted to find out the prevalence of cardiac arrhythmias in clinically healthy Iranian fat-tailed sheep in two physiological states, i.e., late pregnancy and early post-partum periods. The electrocardiogram (ECG) was recorded from 32 sheep (early post-partum, n=17 and...
- Black Women Four Times As Likely As Whites To Die In Pregnancy: Report Reveals. // Jet;07/12/99, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p19
Discusses a study from the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which found that black women are four times as likely to die of pregnancy-related complications as white women.