- I FISH NY. Cohen, Melissa; Stegemann, Eileen // New York State Conservationist;Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p10
Highlights the I Fish NY program launched by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation in October 2004. Instructions provided by Family Fishing Clinics; Number of schoolchildren in New York City who were taught about fishes; Importance of the program in the preservation of...
- DEC's tree & shrub seedling sale is under way thru May. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/18/99-01/25/99, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p23
Provides information about the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) 1999 annual sale of tree and shrub seedlings. Number of species of conifer and hardwood trees and shrubs produced by the DEC's Saratoga Nursery; Benefits of conservation planting; Minimum order for...
- DEC offers free seedlings to schools. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;01/31/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p32
Reports on the availability of free tree seedlings from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. Offer of 50 conifer seedlings or a mixed packet of 25 wildlife shrubs to schools; Contact information.
- Rondout Valley High School takes first place in 'Green Schools Challenge' Students across New York compete to reduce, reuse, and recycle. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/9/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p5
The article announces the winners of the Green Schools Challenge conducted by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) for the implementation of programs to improve solid waste management in the state including Roundout Valley High School, Sauquoit Valley and Dryden...
- DEC honors green programs. // Business Journal (Central New York);12/16/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p12
The article announces awards given by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to Dryden Central School District in Tompkins County, New York and Onondaga County Resource Recovery Agency (OCRRA) in Onondaga County in 2011 for their innovative and environmental programs.
- Inspiring tomorrow's environmental leaders. Buchanan, Stu // New York State Conservationist;Apr2007, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p32
The author reflects on the partnership between the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and the Student Conservation Association to match high school students with conservation projects in the Adirondack Park. He states that matching idealistic youth with environmental...
- Earth Day 2008 kicks off with 'The Green Schools Challenge'. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/28/2008 Supplement, p30
The article announces that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the Department of Education have launched the "Green Schools Challenge," a yearlong competition to bolster recycling in schools across the state. The launch was to mark the start of the Earth Day...
- RAISE YOUR SPADES! MOSTERT, ARNOLD // Landscapes/Paysages;Winter2016, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p20
No abstract available.
- HONK IF YOU'RE CARBON-NEUTRAL. Wolfson, Sara // American Forests;Summer2008, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p16
The article reports that high school students from Arkell, a small Canadian town an hour west of Toronto, planted 1,000 trees to offset the carbon emissions made by their school bus ride. According to the Orangeville Gazette, the teenagers are all involved in one of two environmental education...