- How Sports Producers Are Becoming Twits. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;7/18/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 28, p33
The article offers information on the importance of Twitter to get the latest news about sports in the U.S. in 2011. It states that Twitter has become a vital, up-to-the-second ancillary way of information delivery during a live broadcast for hardcore fans, not only a place to rip announcers who...
- EXEX HOMEWARD-BOUND. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;10/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the plan of Hollywood executives to withdraw from business in Cannes, France. Decline in sales according to Columbia TriStar President Michael Grindon; Success of the local production front; Efforts of Disney in securing agreements on partnership with Sony for the production of...
- Lazar, Ravich take Exit 135 to WB TV. Harris, Dana // Daily Variety;10/11/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 28, p2
Focuses on the launching of television production company Exit 135 by producer Andrew Lazar and director Rand Ravich in Los Angeles, California. Association of the television company with Warner Bros. Television; Plans of Exit 135 to produce the television series 'Maiden NY'; Career background...
- About town. Wilson, Polly; Gardner, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/30/2003, Vol. 380 Issue 32, p16
This article presents information related to the television industry as of September 30, 2003. The new and returning cast of ABC's "The Practice" got better acquainted over chicken pot pies and mac'n'cheese during the show's eighth season premiere party at the Buffalo Club in Santa Monica,...
- July TX guide. // Televisual;Jul2004, p66
Presents a television producer's guide to television programs broadcast in Great Britain for July 2004. "The Smoking Room," at BBC3; "You Are What You Eat," at Channel 4 ; "Bad Lads' Army," at ITV1/2; "55 Degrees North," at BBC1; "Simply the Best," at ITV1.
- The Way of Success. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p6A
Reports that counterprogramming and the search for what is different is the focus of the program strategy followed by the cable television network HBO as of November 2002. Comments of Carolyn Strauss, executive vice president of original programming on the television series 'Carnivale' telecast...
- Who wants to be a superindie? // Televisual;Oct2001, p34
Explains the ranking of superindie or independent television broadcast producers with the maximum broadcast output. Description of an average independent television broadcast producers; Method used in identifying superindie; Type of television broadcasting that superindies make.
- New indie for dinosaur-makers. // Televisual;Nov2002, p13
Reports that producers Tim Haines and Jasper James have set up Impossible Pictures and have already been commissioned by Lorraine Heggessey to make two cg-based half-hour programs for the British Broadcasting Corp.
- Indie TV producers struggle. Hansen, Eric // Variety;5/22/95, Vol. 359 Issue 4, p51
Focuses on the difficulties faced by independent television producers in Germany. Comments on the so-called `contingency' productions; Difficulty in getting into private stations.