- Lori McFarling. Edry, Sharon // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, pS10
Features Lori McFarling, senior vice president for distribution and marketing strategy at Discovery Networks and recipient of the National Cable & Television Association Vanguard Award for marketing at the National Cable Show in San Francisco, California in April 2005. Career background; Goal...
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // Advertising Age;11/9/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 38, p28
The article announces that Lori McFarling was made chief marketing officer of Discovery Education at entertainment company Discovery Communications; Bob Meyers was appointed president and chief operating officer of market research firm TRA Inc., and Mike Lescarbeau is now chief executive officer...
- women to watch. // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, Special Section p36A
Profiles women executives in the cable television industry in the U.S. Janice Arouh; Lois Curren; Patricia Gottesman; Lori McFarling; Jane Root.
- Discovery's digital diva. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p21
Profiles Discovery Networks vice president of digital distribution Donna Thomas. Peddling of digital networks to cable operators; Company's focus on digital services; Career history and achievements; Success in the television affiliate market; Comments from executives; Building of a reputation...
- Bill McGowan. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p10
Profiles Bill McGowan, executive vice president of advertising sales at cable television network Discovery Networks US. Career background.
- Dina Roman. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p46
Profiles Dina Roman, vice president for advertising sales and sponsorships at Discovery Online. Firm's joint deals related to brand-definitional events; Favorite television programs.
- Zaslav: Discovery Still Tapping Int'l Opportunities. Reynolds, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 45, p12
The article reports on the statement of president and chief executive officer David Zaslav of Discovery Communications LLC that the company has continuously top the international opportunities for the media company, and delivers content in 48 languages in more than 142 networks in 210 countries.
- Different demos, different strokes. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;5/10/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 19, pS-6
Offers advice for media buyers and cable networks on reaching the men market. Information on the programming categories appealing to men; Advertising categories that target 34 years old crowd; Success of Discovery Communications' Discovery Channel in reaching the male population.
- Media News: Briefs. // Marketing (00253650);8/3/2005, p6
The article presents news related to media. Discovery Networks Inc. has hired former Channel 4 controller of digital channels Dan Brooke as its Great Britain general manager. Brooke won The Marketing Society's new marketer of the year award in 2001 for the launch of E4. Sony Ericsson is to...