- It's the Channels, Stupid. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the importance of television channels in selling digital television service. Information on Independent Film Channel's original programing for digital tier; Strategy of Charter Communications; Effect of programming on churn rate.
- Germany: CATHERINE MUEHLE-MANN. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/1/2005 especial issue, Vol. 392 Issue 7, p150
The article profiles Catherine Muehlemann, general manager, MTV Central and Emerging Markets. The Swiss-born executive, who heads up Viacom's family of channels in German-speaking Europe, has taken on one 800-pound gorilla after another in her career--and she has beaten them all. First, it was...
- Moving Up Reaching Down. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p28
The article reports on the increase in the number of women executive in the cable industry in the U.S. Female cable presidents and development executives are leading individual networks that speak to a wide range of audiences and many are achieving ratings successes with some of the most unique...
- Too long. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/03/98, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p66
Editorial. Deals with the involvement of women in management positions in the television industry. Growth in the number of women in important positions; How to guarantee opportunities.
- Charter chided In West Virginia. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p20
Reports that West Virginia's Public Service Commission has urged Charter Communications Inc. to work on problems that prompted the community of Lewisburg to file a complaint. Charter's decision to drop the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) affiliate from Charleston, WCHS-TV; Order for Charter to...
- Cache Valley at risk of losing its television reception. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/17/99, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p11
Focuses on the legal dispute between Cache County, Utah and the owners of Mount Pisgah, where the county maintains a television relay station. County's failure to pay the monthly rent on the relay station; Threat of eviction facing the county's TV relay station; Ownership of parcels of Mount...
- GETTING DIGI WITH IT. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. had activated the first all-digital television network in the U.S. in Long Beach, California. Products of Harmonic Inc. used in the activation of the all-digital network; Description of the broadcasting system used in Long Beach; Equipment tested by...
- Charter goes its own way in St. Louis County. Corrigan, Don // St. Louis Journalism Review;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 224, p8
Presents Charter Communications' stand on the battle over open access to cable in Saint Louis, Missouri. Charter's task of rewiring Saint Louis County via cable; Charter spokesman, Davis Niswonger's disclosure that the firm is depending on the decision on the issue of Saint Louis officials and...
- Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p38
Provides information on the cable systems across the U.S. owned by cable operator Charter. Number of subscribers; Top executives.