- The Television Mystique. Frank, Reuven // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p5
Discusses the reasons why people take pride on being shown on television. Experience of the author on being congratulated because he was seen on television; Information on the presence of television sets in the U.S.
- Lower the visual volume. // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p10
Argues that there is too much extraneous information being crammed into television screens in the United States. Snipes; Crawling text at the bottom of the screen; News alerts; Bloomberg News channel with its several pieces of graphic noise.
- Mr. Gates Goes Electronic: The What And Why Questions in Local TV News. Harmon, Mark D. // Journalism Quarterly;Winter89, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p857
Discovers the what and why questions in local television news in the U.S. Identification of two common themes in the existing contradictory research on local television news; Values in traditional news; Problem with the traditionalist approach.
- Family-friendly station is up and running. Mylchreest, Ian // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;9/27/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the launch of the new television station KEEN 17 owned by Total Living Network. Schedule of the first broadcasting; Components of the programming; Plans for expansion of local programming.
- The push for DTV conversion. Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the efforts of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and the Congress to promote a speedier conversion to digital television service. Requirement for all television stations to convert to digital settings; Reauthorization of the Satellite Home Viewer Improvement Act; Filing of a...
- Moving graphics to HD. Martinolich, Jim // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);May2007, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p24
The article states that today's generation of graphic systems are ready to offer powerful and scalable performance at an affordable price because of the move to high-performance open platforms. These graphic systems rely on the power of the graphics processing unit (GPU). According to the...
- TV. // AutoWeek;10/9/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 41, p39
A list of various television programs to be aired on different television channels is presented. Some of the programs in the list are NASCAR Beyond the Wheel, Barrett-Jackson 2006: The Auctions, NASCAR Busch Series qualifying from Charlotte, Trackside at Charlotte, and NASCAR Beyond the Wheel.
- Europe's HD goldrush. Forrester, Chris // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the emergence of new companies that offer high definition television (HDTV) services in Europe. Launching of the first bundle of channels by BSkyB; Venture of SES Astra into the HDTV field; Progress of offers and counter-offers.
- Evolution of the server. // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p3
Announces the launching of the V-Server Evolution for television broadcasters. Features and functions of the product.