- The Television Mystique. Frank, Reuven // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p5
Discusses the reasons why people take pride on being shown on television. Experience of the author on being congratulated because he was seen on television; Information on the presence of television sets in the U.S.
- Lower the visual volume. // Broadcast Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p10
Argues that there is too much extraneous information being crammed into television screens in the United States. Snipes; Crawling text at the bottom of the screen; News alerts; Bloomberg News channel with its several pieces of graphic noise.
- Mr. Gates Goes Electronic: The What And Why Questions in Local TV News. Harmon, Mark D. // Journalism Quarterly;Winter89, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p857
Discovers the what and why questions in local television news in the U.S. Identification of two common themes in the existing contradictory research on local television news; Values in traditional news; Problem with the traditionalist approach.
- Family-friendly station is up and running. Mylchreest, Ian // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;9/27/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the launch of the new television station KEEN 17 owned by Total Living Network. Schedule of the first broadcasting; Components of the programming; Plans for expansion of local programming.
- Moving graphics to HD. Martinolich, Jim // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);May2007, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p24
The article states that today's generation of graphic systems are ready to offer powerful and scalable performance at an affordable price because of the move to high-performance open platforms. These graphic systems rely on the power of the graphics processing unit (GPU). According to the...
- Budgeting for HD: The post equation. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Aug2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the challenges to budget the costs of broadcasting high definition television in Europe. Explanation by industry experts about why HD will take longer; Production costs of HD; Direct comparison of HD with SD technology in the television program "Holby City,". INSET: D5 the master at...
- Fall TV: The Cost of Failure. Rice, Lynette; Slezak, Michael // Entertainment Weekly;11/5/2010, Issue 1127, p14
The article presents questions and answers relating to the decision to cancel a television series including why are some programs canceled and others not, why is it a good idea to cancel a program when money is lost if a show is canceled, and which shows might be canceled during the Fall of...
- bulldog awards. // Televisual;Apr2005, p14
Lists the top television programs in Great Britain based on the survey conducted by Televisual. Little Britain; Sex Traffic; Shameless; Friday Night With Jonathan Ross.
- Employers seek help in Olympia. Proffitt, Emily // Journal of Business (10756124);2/21/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the reasons behind the decreasing popularity of television broadcasting. The author mentions that young people do not watch television anymore and this lead to a lesser number of television viewers. He explains that people are more interested over internet broadcasting...