- 'Money' man takes stock of media. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;8/1/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 10, p3
Features the "Mad Money" TV program starring financial guru Jim Cramer on CNBC. Career background of Cramer; Format of the show; Influence of Susan Krakower on the show.
- The Real Nets of NBCU. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;7/12/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p7
The article focuses on the cable television networks Bravo and Oxygen, both owned by NBC Universal. An increase in the ratings of programs broadcast by both networks is discussed, as is a resulting increase in advertising sales for the 2010-2011 television season, despite the fact the two...
- Girl Power. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;10/27/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p4
The article focuses on the cable television networks Bravo and Oxygen, which are owned by NBC Universal. Oxygen presents programming aimed at women, and NBC Univeral sells its advertising in a package with Bravo. Ratings at both networks have risen notably, especially with women aged 18-49, a...
- Bravo snags snark site. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;3/14/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 53, p1
The article reports that cable system operator National Broadcasting Corporation Universal's Bravo has acquired the website "Television Without Pity." Lauren Zalazniek the president of Bravo hopes that the television viewers will do their complaining on a website owned by the company. The...
- Operators Vie for Share of Holiday Spoils. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on cable promotions during the holiday season in the United States. Increase of consumer demand for cable modems; Price of the package from Cable Vision Systems Corp.; Features of the cable-modem promotion of Charter Communications Inc.
- Nat Geo Shares 'Wonder' Promo. // Cable World (10427228);10/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p8
Announces the 'Show Me the Wonder' promotion of cable television network National Geographic Channel. Aim of the promotion; Growth of the company.
- Another Shakeup at USA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/5/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p5
Reports on the management shifts in USA Cable. Executives who are leaving the company; Reasons for the decline in ratings of USA.
- Will Net TV effort garner bravos? Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;07/13/98, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p47
Reports that the cable television programmer Bravo Networks plans to launch a cable system that offers high-speed Internet access in fall 1998. Features of the company's Bravo network and Independent Film Channel services; How the company will use its broadband Web site to offer blocks of...
- Brainstorming Ad Sellers Generate Idea Leads. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p56
Focuses on sales ideas and strategies that members of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau (CAB) drew up during the CAB Local Cable Sales Management Conference held in Denver, Colorado. Offering of introductory sales packages to new customers; Customization of promotions; Attraction of local...