Watching What Ad Watchers Do
- CONSUMERS' REACTIONS TO SEX IN TV COMMERCIALS. Johnson, Deborah K.; Satow, Kay // Advances in Consumer Research;1978, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p411
This paper explores viewers reactions to sexual material in TV commercials. Findings from a large scale quantitative survey and a small scale qualitative study are reported and implications for advertisers are discussed.
- USING HUMOROUS ADVERTISING TO CAPTURE THE ATTENTION OF THE NEW AMERICAN TELEVISION VIEWER: A THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVE. Geissler, Gary L.; Zinkhan, George M. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1996, Vol. 7, p135
Studies the television viewing habits of Americans in relation to marketing. Definitions of attention to and retention of TV advertising; Trends in television viewership; Use of humor as a device for increasing attention to advertising.
- Television ads in Singapore: A content analysis. Rehman, Sharaf N.; Aw, Annette; Kennan, William // International Journal of Instructional Media;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p347
Examines the informational content of television advertisements in Singapore. Comparison between Singaporean and United States info-mercial advertising contents; Impact of advertisements on consumer behavior; Role of advertising in imparting product information.
- Viewers turned off by TV ads. Croft, Martin // Marketing Week;2/18/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p36
Reveals the results of a consumer survey indicating that public attitudes about television advertisements in Great Britain. Reasons why consumers purchase products; Comments from advertising agency Mercier Gray managing director Rob Gray; Need for marketers to build their relationship with...
- Rules for winning TV ad campaigns. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p20
Presents tips in creating a successful television advertisement. Advantage of using catching pictures in the advertisement; Impact of the product name on the consumers; Core idea of commercial development.
- Information Content in TV Advertising. Sepstrup, Preben // Journal of Consumer Policy;1985, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p239
Discusses the impact of the growing quantity of transnational television advertising on consumer behavior in Europe. Objective evaluation of television advertising from a consumer point of view; Information content of television advertising; Policy implications of the study.
- Confidence in Thoughts to Commercials: A Self-Validation Analysis. Briñol, Pablo; Petty, Richard E.; Falces, Carlos // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p471
Analyzes the confidence in thoughts when creating a new commercial. Explanation of self validation theory; Impact of advertisements on consumers.
- What grabs the customer? Schneiderman, Ira P. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/28/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 103, p13
Reports on the findings of a survey on the effectiveness of television advertising campaigns in influencing consumer behavior. Elements which attract consumers to advertisements; Includes music; Television graphics; Factors influencing consumers' choice of store; Insights into consumer behavior...
- Tooth in Advertising. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;9/8/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p13
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's likelihood to be influenced by television advertisements.