Suddenly They Are Appliances
- NES Prepared for Global Biometrics Evolution. Durand, Augusto // Caribbean Business;7/21/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 28, pS14
The article reports that Northwest Electronic Security (NES), a division of Northwest Security Management Inc., started operations in 1982 as a local security-guard organization. By 2000, the company entered the electronic-security business. Today, it is a key player in biometric security...
- Anti-Theft Protection System Available for Rotary Hammer Line. // Welding Journal;Oct2005, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p23
Introduces the anti-theft protection system for rotary hammer line. Features of the protection system; Performance application of the system.
- HIRSCH ELECTRONICS. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p62
The article presents a corporate profile of Hirsch Electronics Corp., a high security access control company. Hirsch is known in delivering unique and reliable high security solutions required by high-risk facilities in the world. Among these high-risk security solutions include reliability...
- HOW TO BUY: CARDS & READERS. Whitehust, Londsay // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p63
Discusses factors to be considered by customers planning to purchase cards and readers for their security systems in the United States. Applications of proximity and smart cards; System durability and simplicity; Technical support provided by manufacturers. INSET: Lasting Value.
- PROJECT INTEGRATION: THE VIDEO EDGE. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p67
Reports on the advancement of video integration with alarm and access control systems. Advantages of the video integration; Applicability of video integration not just for commercial and governmental installations but also for homeowners and municipalities where police no longer dispatch unless...
- DOOR CONTROL ALARM MONITORING COMBINES WITH LOWER INSTALLATION COSTS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p148
The article introduces the Security Control Unit family of modular, stand-alone controllers for the I/Net Seven Security Management System from TAC. The device provides a flexible mix of door control and alarm monitoring features with lower installation costs and downloadable upgrades. The key...
- Manufacturer Lowers Central Station Receiver Pricing, Announces Integration. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2009, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p69
The article reports on the move of security systems provider Digital Monitoring Products Inc. (DMP) to reduce the price of its SCS-1R central station receiver to $2,999 in the U.S. It notes that the system can receive encrypted signals from the DMP panel over the Internet protocol (IP) and...
- INDUSTRY CALENDAR. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p81
A calendar of events related to the security system industry in the U.S. is presented including Government 2.0 - Moving Forward Together symposium, Facility Security Design, and Electronic Security Exposition.
- Don't Be Stuck in the Middle. Stepanek, Laura // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p17
The article discusses the author's perspective regarding the growth of the security systems industry in the U.S. He refers the topics to a discussion at the 2011 Barnes Buchanan Conference which stresses the driving factors of the industry's growth such as alarm industry metrics, buyers,...