RAPISCAN SYSTEMS INC
- Kidde in Eire. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
Presents the Kidde smoke and heat alarms from Kidde Fyrnetics, introduced in the Irish fire and security systems market in August 2004. Key features; Advantages.
- Sounder and strobe family. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p35
The article presents information on alarm systems and beacons. European Safety Systems Ltd. has launched a new intrinsically safe sounder and strobe family. The IS-minialarm sounder has 49 user-selectable three-stage alarm tone configurations. The IS-minialite beacon uses an array of ultra...
- COMPACT ALARM SYSTEM DETECTS BIOLOGICAL HAZARDS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p94
The article introduces the BAS101, a selective, compact alarm system for the continuous rapid detection of biological hazards in public places, developed by BAS Biological Alarm Systems Ltd. The system is a fully automated, real-time biological agent detection system that performs online air...
- GET THE MESSAGE. O'Connell, Tim // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2002, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p43
Surveys alarm messaging technologies. Informal survey conducted by 'Security Distribution and Marketing' magazine; Continuing strength of traditional methods in the market; Prospects for more progressive delivery technologies; Range of end user needs for alarm messaging.
- Third Annual Golden Eagle Awards. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2015, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p103
The article presents the entries in the third annual Golden Eagle Awards from the National Center for Spectator Sports Safety and Security (NCS4), which recognizes the important contributions of security systems integrators and manufacturers in the U.S. It provides overview of the different...
- Clearing the Smoke. Shaver, John Michael // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2007, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p28
The article focuses on issues surrounding fire alarm systems. Despite the fact that a fire alarm system is more frequently considered an integral part of life safety and security issues, uncertainties still exist on the part of designers, specifiers, and installers. One of the most common issues...
- SECURITY TECHNOLOGY. // Sound & Video Contractor;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p81
Evaluates several security systems equipment. Unistat status indicator from Federal Signal; Ipela SNC-RX550N and SNC-RZ50N PTZ cameras from Sony; Telguard TG-1 digital alarm communicator from Telular.
- Addressable Fire Alarms. Goodyear, Dave // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p45
The article reports the advantages and disadvantages of addressable fire alarms systems. The system reduces the amount of fire alarm wiring needed and provides a superior means of identifying the type and location of faults on the system. However, addressable fire alarm systems are dependent on...
- MORE POWER. Eller, Dale R. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p117
The article explains that electric power is often the most likely cause of problems of a typical alarm system used in the U.S. but they are also the least considered in troubleshooting. Typical parallel circuit can affect the proper operation of detection devices. Tips for trouble shooting and...