ASIM TECHNOLOGES LTD
- Testing 1,2,3… Testing…. Gager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2007, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p52
The article discusses the capabilities and various applications of video analytic software on a digital signal processor (DSP) chip. Carolyn Ramsey of Honeywell Systems Group, believes that DSP chips that provide the power of 10 or more Pentium computers are on the bleeding edge of technology....
- Communication Methods: Digital Offers Superior Signaling. Engebretson, David // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p76
This article discusses digital communication methods in security networking. To send a voice message, an image, or information across telecommunications lines or airwaves requires that the data be converted into a form that can be carried on an electrical current or radio wavelength. To transmit...
- Intrusion Sensor Improvements Add Value for Installers, Users. Engebretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2014, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p77
The article discusses ways by which developers can make sensors more versatile, reliable and easier to use. Topics discussed include various uses of sensors in security systems, challenges in installing motion detectors and various advancements made in wireless systems and sensors. It also...
- Era of the set-top box may hold changes for security. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar1998, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p25
No abstract available.
- Cool sensor detects infrared. Wilson, Dave // Design Engineering;Jun99, p45
Focuses on a pyroelectric detector that could sense infrared cells. Use of a thin ceramics film suspended on a membrane; Hybrid packaging of the detector.
- Short-wave Infrared Light Can be Seen at Lower Cost. Davies, Phil // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2007, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p37
The article discusses the use of short-wave infrared (SWIR) light in security systems. As explained, SWIR lights can provide a natural and significant source of free illumination that can be used for excellent night vision. However, despite its significance in the security systems industry, SWIR...
- Beyond the Camera. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2003, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p28
Features Panasonic Co.'s cameras with digital signal processing circuitry for security industry. Benefit of network camera; Video motion detection; Use of standard Web browser software.
- All-in-One security. // Management Services;Dec2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p33
Putting intruder alarm, remote monitoring and digital signalling security systems into one plug-and-play package is unusual in the fragmented security industry - usually local installers have to gather components from various sources and the effectiveness of the result is down to their...
- Pyroelectric linear array infrared sensors made of c-axis-oriented La-modified PbTiO3 thin films. Takayama, Ryoichi; Tomita, Yoshihiro; Iijima, Kenji; Ueda, Ichiro // Journal of Applied Physics;6/15/1988, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p5868
Focuses on a study which fabricated pyroelectric linear array infrared sensors using c-axis-oriented and spontaneous polarized lanthanum-modified lead titanium ozone (PLT) thin films. Details of the methodology; Properties of PLT thin films; Comparison between reticulated and nonreticulated...