Lock Reports Four "Ws"
- Hands off! Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Oct99, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p26
Introduces TouchAlert lock and alarm for storing documents. Features; Price.
- COMPANY EIECTRIFIES LOCKSETS BRAND. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2006, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p117
The article evaluates the electric locks made by SDC Co. and offers information on access control system, the levers, how the lockset can be operated with the key, safety features and design.
- Keypads--Touch and Go. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2004, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p26
Features various products for the security systems industry. Physical description of the E70-Stand-Alone Cylindrical Lockset manufactured by SCD Security Door Controls; Features of the SABL standalone battery lock branded by Securitron Magnalock Corp.; Introduction of the Everswitch line by...
- Molecular logic. // Machine Design;3/8/2007, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p57
The article focuses on a molecule that can function as an ultraminiature keypad lock, developed by a team of scientists at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel. Unlike electronic logic gates with electrical switches, the molecules can switch between colors and light intensities to perform...
- Nothing to lose. // American School & University;Sep2006, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p62
This article presents an evaluation of PowerLever self-powered lock.
- PRODUCT SOLUTIONS. // American School & University;Sep2010, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p40
The article evaluates several products including the CO-Series standalone electronic locks from Schlage Electronics, the Kalwall E-series Windows from Kalwall Corp., and the Cyberlock electronic padlocks from Videx Security Ltd.
- Safe & Secure. Corcoran, Mary // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p32
Focuses on the benefits of an electronic system in securing sites. Description of the keys used in electronic locks; Disadvantage of traditional locks and keys; Concerns of the security industry.
- Security Is Timeless. Boriskin, Peter // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Jan2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses how to upgrade a mechanical lock system with an electronic access control system. It mentions that choosing an access control solution depends on what infrastructure an organization has already in place and the options are spread within a security technology continuum, from...
- MAGNETIC FORCE. Engerbretson, Joan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p83
The article provides tips for installing electromagnetic locks and door strikes. It is said that installers must provide a method of cutting power to the lock from inside the secured area so users can exit. According to Dick Harpster, president of Central Security Systems, installers should...