Nuclear Team Receives DoD Award
- Nuclear Insecurity. O'Rourke, Morgan // Risk Management (00355593);Mar2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that a video showing a security guard asleep on the job at a nuclear power plant has forced the industry to reassess policies designed to protect nuclear plants. Kerry Beal complained to his employer, the private security company Wackenhut Corp., about fellow guards falling...
- National Guard project honored. // Army Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p69
Reports on the United States National Guard's receipt of the SUPERQuest Award for its distributive training technology project. Presentation of the award at SUPERCOM, the Telecommunications Industry Association and US Telephone Association annual communications conference.
- Vibration Monitoring System Enhances Troubleshooting. Mickey, Wade; Fenner, Roy // Power Engineering;Sep99, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p41
Deals with PECO Energy's Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station's (PBAPS) utilization of networked vibration-based condition assessment systems. Benefits of the systems; Flaws of the condition monitoring systems of PBAPS before opting for vibration-based condition systems; Objectives identified by...
- Peach Bottom's 12.4% EPU. Massaro, Michael // Nuclear Plant Journal;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
An interview with Michael Massaro, site vice president at the nuclear power plant Oyster Creek Generating Station in Forked River, New Jersey is presented. When asked about the percentage target for the planned Extended Power Operate (EPU), he refers to 12.4 percent. He discusses the plans of...
- GUARD, RESERVE AND EMPLOYERS NAMED 'CITIZEN OF YEAR'. Goodwin, Darlene // Officer;May2004, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p4
Reports that the U.S. Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation named Reserve and Guard Forces and their employees as the Citizen of the Year. Selection criteria; Highlights of the awarding ceremonies.
- New Approach. SILK, STEPHANIE // Government Security;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p4
The article discusses G4S Regulated Security Solutions, Inc. (RSS), a security systems company created by its parent company, the security firm G4S. Security officers who were being inattentive while on duty at the Peach Bottom Atomic Power Station in York County, Pennsylvania, were the impetus...
- Notices: NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION. // Federal Register;3/31/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 61, p18072
The article reports on several notices from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) as of March 31, 2014. Topics include the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) review of information collection proposals under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the amendments to Renewed Facility...
- 2007 MacArthur Awards. // Army Magazine;Jul2008, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the presentation of the Gen. Douglas MacArthur Leadership Awards for 2007 to 28 commissioned and warrant officers from the active Army, Army Reserve and National Guard at the Pentagon in May 2008. Army Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey Jr. presented the awards. The award...
- Like a Business. Brodsky, Robert // Government Executive;Aug2009, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p7
The article announces that the Government Printing Office (GPO) and the Air National Guard have received the respective PR Production of the Year and Human Resources Team of the Year Awards during the American Business Awards in 2009.