A Photo's Not Enough
- Facing up to crime. Bell, John // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/26/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6158, p47
Presents information on video imaging technology being used in Australia to identify faces of criminals. Software from United States-based Viisage Technology Inc.; How the system works; New South Wales and West Australian police forces testing technology to create computerized mugshot...
- Picture This. Phillips, Zack // Government Executive;May2007, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p22
The article evaluates several face recognition technology including products from Neven Vision and Viisage Corp.
- Facial recognition takes off in airport security. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the success of the facial recognition technology from Viisage Technology in Littleton, Massachusetts. Application in passenger screening tests in airports; Analysis of the biological data and eye patterns; Performance of face crosschecking with a database.
- State puts new face on license security. // Automatic I.D. News;May98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
Reports on Eltron International Inc.'s agreement with Viisage Technology Inc. to provide digital driver's license system to the state of Illinois. World's largest biometric identification application using facial images; Incorporation of Eltron's Max3000 card printing system; Printing of...
- DOSSIER: VIISAGE TECHNOLOGY. Spangler, Todd // Baseline;Apr2004, Issue 29, p54
This article presents information on the facial recognition technology developed by Viisage Technology in Littleton, Massachusetts. The company's systems help government agencies and casinos finger a wide assortment of scoundrels. Customers using the company's facial-recognition software...
- Around the State: South. // njbiz;7/24/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p27
The article offers news briefs related to business in southern New Jersey. There has been plans to shut down the municipal airfield Bader Field which is considered by some to be the first airport in the country. Viisage Technology is acquiring iris-recognition technology maker Iridian...
- SUNY awarded patent for 'Virtual Colonoscopy' software. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the awarding of patent for a virtual colonoscopy software to SUNY Stony Brook. Research initiatives at SUNY; Application in colorectal cancer screening; Mechanism for the colonoscopy screening.
- AT&TB SIGNS CONTRACT TO PROVIDE A VPN FOR VIISAGE. // RBOC Update;Oct2006, p5
This article reports on the contract signed by AT&T to provide a virtual private network (VPN) to identity solutions provider Viisage. Under the terms of the contract, AT&T will deploy the network via VPN tunneling services. Through the deployed technology, Viisage systems will be able to access...
- L-1 Investors To Acquire Stake In Viisage. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/7/2005, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of Viisage by L-1 Investment Partners in October 2005. L-1 stated that it would invest $100 million in Viisage. In this regard, it was believed that the investment would greatly contribute to the financial state of L-1. In addition, the investment agreement...