Some Wireless Survives Hurricanes
- New products. Allen, Doug // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p61
Presents products for use in telecommunications as of the January 2000. Includes Dynarc 500 DTM Switch; Voice over DSL service creation platform from CopperCom; Wireless access router from Wireless Inc.
- SkyMate 100. // Boating World;Feb2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p89
Evaluates Skymate's 100 Communicator. Features; Price.
- GE Hearing Amplified Phones. // Telephony;12/1/2008 Access Supplement, p24
The article evaluates several GE Hearing Amplified Phones from General Electric Co. (GE) including Corded 29568GE1, Cordless 27906GE1 and Cordless 27907GE1.
- GE Cell Fusion. // Telephony;12/1/2008 Access Supplement, p25
The article evaluates several GE Cell Fusion handsets from General Electric Co. (GE) including 28127 FE1, 21518 FE1 and 28129 FE2.
- What's driving NGN? Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Oct2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p20
Analyzes the application of the next-generation network in the telecommunication industry in Asia . Effect of the deployment of broadband systems in the wireless community; Means for the fundamental change in telecommunication networks; Factors that drives the convergence of technologies in the...
- Say What? Benzacar, Sam // Product Design & Development;Jan2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p22
The article focuses on the shortcomings in the frequency management faced by manufacturers of radio frequency and microwave products in the U.S. Test engineers have found that the solution to the cross-talk problem is one single component, the filter. It is noted that the consequences of...
- Winning without wires. Adshead, Antony // Works Management;Jan2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p40
The article focuses on the factors affecting wireless technology that has been used for the manufacturing businesses. Studies show that most manufacturers will be using wireless due to its advantages and beneficial services offered. However, it has been mentioned that the lack of cables is the...
- Nebraska school system goes wireless. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2006, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the deployment of Proxim Wireless' outdoor, broadband wireless products in several Nebraska school districts. The school networks use the companies Tsunami MP.11 outdoor, broadband, point-to-multipoint system that offers ruggedized base stations, subscriber units and...
- TransferJet opens new front in wireless CE wars. // Wireless Asia;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the launch of TransferJet, a close-proximity wireless transfer technology from Sony. The technology offers high-speed transfer of large data files like photographs and high definition images between consumer electronic devices. It has claimed faster data speed than...