Monitored Fire Tech Goes to School
- 12 STEP PROGRAM. Domangue, Joel // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p60
Presents steps when specifying and purchasing fire and rescue apparatus. Determination of who will participate in the purchasing process; Duties of fire chiefs; Definition of what the department needs its aerial to do; Classifications for aerial devices for motorized fire apparatus; Survey of...
- Coming Clean. ESPOSITO, AUDREY // Fire Chief;Feb2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p22
The article presents several tips which prohibit smaller fire departments from purchasing gear washers and dryers of high cost. It refers to the Spencer (Iowa) Fire Department which uses some unique methods to air dry the gear including a device that lowers from the ceiling and cranks up out of...
- Back to school: Retrofits and firestops. Sullivan, C.C. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Mar98, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p114
Discusses the key factors that consulting engineers should consider when installing firestop systems in school buildings. Danger in running new cabling and pipes through thermal fiber in existing openings in fire-rated walls; Types of firestops for educational application; Examination of system...
- Break Out the Bubbly. Brooks, Neal // Fire Chief;Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p66
The article presents questions and answers related to the application of foams in fire fighting including the biggest challenge for fire departments in the selection of Class A foam, its shelf life and other possible advices.
- Boats, planes and . . . // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the installation of portable fire extinguishing systems by the member companies of the British Fire Consortium in Great Britain. Maintenance of the portable fire extinguishers at Newquay Airport by Classic Fire; Involvement of Monarch Fire in airfield fire safety; Placement of...
- Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshall September Designated Campus Fire Safety Month. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;9/16/2015, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p3
The article focuses on precautions listed by the Illinois State Fire Marshall to be taken by students in order to avoid fire hazards on as well as off-campus like installation of smoke alarms, proper disposal of cigarettes, and use of fire extinguishers.
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Zalesiak, Dave; Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p223
The article describes several golf cart-type fire vehicles introduced by fire departments in the U.S. In August 1998, Skokie Fire Department built its modified golf-cart as a fire prevention vehicle which appeared as an old steam fire engine. Virginia Beach Fire Department also introduced its...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p124
Presents various fire prevention equipment and supplies provided to local fire departments in the U.S.
- Fire at Newmarket school disrupts start of year. // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the impact of the fire, which destroyed St. Felix Middle School in Newmarket, England, on more than 400 pupils of the school. Reportedly, the pupils would start the new term late and would be transferred to neighboring schools and a temporary Â£1.5 million education...