- Liberty Global sells local cabler. Lundberg, Pia // Daily Variety;12/21/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 61, p8
The article reports that Liberty Global Inc. has sold cable business UPC Norge AS to Candover Partners Ltd. in a five forty million dollar deal in Norway. The deal is expected to close early of 2006. Liberty Global Inc. is identified as the largest broadband cable operator outside the U.S....
- BUSINESS & FINANCE. // CableFAX Daily;12/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 245, p3
The article presents an update on the cable television sector in the U.S. as of December 20, 2005. Liberty Global decided to sell its Norwegian business UPC Norge to Candover Partners. Cablevision withdrew plans for a special dividend following the discovery of a potential covenant violation...
- European specialist firms sold in Charter shake-up. // Professional Engineering;11/17/99, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p12
Reports on Charter's plan to sell its Europe-based specialized businesses to Candover. Use of proceeds from the sale; Product lines of the businesses included in the sale; Share in Charter's overall revenue.
- Sale of petchems may be close. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;9/1/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2066, p8
Speculates on the sale of the oil, gas and petrochemicals business of ABB to a consortium of private equity firms, led by Candover Investments, in September 2003. Market estimates for the company's business; Amount of divestments targeted by the company.
- Private equity deal for Parques Reunidos. // Park World;Apr2007, p10
The article reports on the sale of Madrid, Spain-based animal, waterpark and amusement park operator Parques Reunidos to private equity company Candover of London, England. The Bourne Leisure and the management team of Parques Reunidos will also make a minority investment. The company operates...
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the completion of the sale of UPC Norway to Candover Partners. Value of the sale.
- Bertelsmann sells trade, science unit for $1.2 bil. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;5/14/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 27, p6
Reports on the sale of BertelsmannSpringer to Cinven Ltd. and Candover in Germany. Efforts of Bertelsmann AG to pare down its debt; Increase in company debt after acquiring Zomba Music; Focus of the parent firm on television, music and publishing.
- Charter gets investor inquiries. // CED;Apr2008, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that investors are inquiring about the financial data of Charter Communications Inc. According to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Paul G. Allen, controlling shareholder of Charter, has received informal inquiries from various parties regarding...
- Debt concerns prompt sell-off. // Professional Engineering;03/24/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p10
Informs that Charter, the welding and gas handling group, is selling its specialist engineering divisions in a bid to calm investor concerns over its level of debt. Preliminary 1998 results.