- NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Provides information on the digital-TV battle between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and broadcasters in the cable industry. Focus of analysis sent by NCTA to members of Congress in July 2005; Accusations of NCTA against broadcasters; Comments from National...
- NCTA Slate Adds Katzenberg, Iger. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;2/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the inclusion of Dreamworks SKG partner Jeffrey Katzenberg and Walt Disney Co. President Bob Iger to the speaker line-up of the U.S. National Cable & Telecommunications Association for its annual convention the National Show in San Francisco, California in April 2005. Lecturers who...
- What're You in For? The Cable, Mostly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p6
Presents a round-up of news from the United States cable television industry, as of November 2000. Satirical musical revue by the Denver chapter of Cable Positive; EchoStar Communications Corp.'s clarification on the appearance of Al Gore on Dish Network's Vote 2000 channel; Terayon...
- Homes Passed Rate Needs Some Recalculating. Richards, Jack // Multichannel News;7/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p53
Comments on the proposed merger between EchoStar and DirecTV Inc. in the U.S. Issues on the basic terms used by the U.S. Census Bureau and the telephone industry; Insights of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the industry; Calculation of the cable industry on the Homes Passed...
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p37
Presents news briefs related to the cable and telecommunication industry as of November 10, 2003. Move of EchoStar Communications Corp. to add broadcast channels; Plan of Bill Bolster of CNBC to retire; Preparation of Cinemax for the launching of East and West Coast HDTV feeds.
- NCTC/ACA Hit Windy City. // Communications Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
The article highlights the first annual Independent Show organized by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the show is Winds of Change which was chosen not just because of the windy reputation of the host city, but more...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;1/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1
Presents news briefs concerning cable television as of January 2006. Completion of the $7.4 billion deal by Walt Disney with Pixar; Addition of Fine Living to America's Top 180 package of EchoStar; Partnership of UPN and The Warner Bros. for The CW network that will debut in the fall of 2006.
- Disney net nears launch. Holdsworth, Nick // Daily Variety;4/1/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 63, p4
The article reports that Disney Channel has granted a five-year cable television (TV) license in Russia.
- SCTE Announcements. // CT's Pipeline;11/15/2005, p4
The article presents a calendar of events related to the activities of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) in the U.S. from November to December 2005. The closing of the nominations for the 2006 Emerging Technologies Award and for the Young Engineer of the Year Award is...