- Distribution is the hang-up. J.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p6
Reports the plan of installing a gay cable network from Showtime and MTV. Company operation on films and stuff; Management scheme on cable operators; Improvement of the programming systems.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;12/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p13
Provides update on cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. Two films from MTV under the Original Movies for Television division; Deal of The Box music video channel with HyperTV Networks; Deal of USA Networks with MGM.
- Hits do wonders for MTV, FX. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/1/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 27, p12
Reports the business performance of cable television networks on airing blockbuster shows. Status of FX and MTV on telecast of hit shows; Survey provided by Nielsen Media Research; Success of the original drama shows of Lifetime.
- Cable TV. // MediaWeek;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p17
Provides information on cable television networks. The Travel Channel's prime-time block; Licensing agreement of MTV Networks with Biz Entertainment, a media company in Russia; Home Box Office's multiplex packages of services.
- Untangle the Cable Selection Process. Knisley, Joe // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2001, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the importance of choosing the right datacom cable for network installation in the United States. Demand for communications networks operating at the highest performance levels; Improvement on the selection of the proper copper cabling; Assessment on the need for enhance network...
- ITALY'S STREAM BLAMES SPORTS FOR FLOW OF RED. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;11/15/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 54, p9
Focuses on the financial performance of Telecom Italia and Rupert Murdoch's News Corp television platform Stream in Milan, Italy. Impact of high cost of sports rights on the business; Plan to merge with television operator Telepiu.
- Game On:. // CableFAX Daily;8/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 162, p1
The article reports that DISH Network has improved its football programing by launching the Football Playing 24/7 at DISH Network campaign. The network launched the new programming through a national advertising campaign first seen in a DC-area daily newspaper. DISH is the first cable rival of...
- Will MTV cut in on MuchMusic's tango? Robins, J. Max; Dempsey, John // Variety;2/5/96, Vol. 362 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the popularity edge of MuchMusic over MTV in Canada. Limited distribution of MuchMusic in the United States; Fierce competition between the networks in Argentina.
- VH-1 tunes up for U.K. debut. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age;9/12/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 38, p62
Reports on offer of VH-1 channel to 25-to-49-year-old cable subscribers in United Kingdom by MTV Networks Europe. Plan for attracting advertising; Youths as targets; Provision of service to advertisers; Endorsement of channel by media buyers; TV and print campaign to herald the coming of VH-1;...