Heritage on Demand
- Cable coin key for title wave. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, SPECIAL REPORT. p51
Focuses on the prevalence of cable television companies investing in independent films in the U.S. Partnership of Home Box Office Inc. with Fine Line Features for the distribution of independent films; Citations of the films financed by Showtime; Increase in the independent film programming on...
- Encore updates its mix of pics. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p18
Announces the upgrading of motion picture lineup in Encore cable television network in 1998. Details on the lineup.
- SHOWTIME SLATES 7. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;03/01/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 63, p12
Reports that cabler Showtime has approved seven original motion pictures including one based on Judith Exner's story scheduled to be shown in 2001 or 2002. 'Adam Clayton Powell'; 'George'; 'Off Season'; 'The Wilde Girls'; 'Bobbie's Girl'; 'I Was a Teenage Faust.'
- Cool movies. // Graham Leader;9/4/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p4A
In this article the author discusses her liking for old movie channel.
- Fans' film favorites. // Adweek Western Edition;10/25/93, Vol. 43 Issue 43, p26
Reports on the poll conducted by Ted Turner's TNT cable network to determine the all-time favorite films of Americans. `Gone With The Wind' as first choice; Top five films.
- Sony Ent. shutters its Hindi film production biz. Mathur, Arti // Daily Variety;12/31/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 21, p5
Reports the suspension of Hindi movie distribution biz by the Sony Entertainment Television (SET) Pictures in New Delhi, India. Titles of movies distributed by SET; Resignation of Rajesh Pant, SET chief operating officer and Hindi distribution topper from SET's Indian operations; Number of...
- Hallmark Channel Sets Sights on Top-10 Status. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p16
Reports the broadcast of original movies by Hallmark Channel in New York. Sources of the motion pictures for telecast; Production and distribution of equivalent movie per month; Genres of the motion pictures for programming.
- Showtime celebrates Black History Month. // New York Amsterdam News;02/05/98, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p28
Presents the variety of African-American themed programs featured in Showtime, as the network salutes to Black History Month. Showtime original pictures `Blind Faith' and Showtime Original Pictures for Kids `The Sweetest Gift'; Short films by Afro-American filmmakers; Other box office hits.
- HBO Sets Black History Month Campaign. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p24
Reports the marketing efforts of Home Box Office television network for the Black History Month in the United States. Plans to highlight the film 'The Middle Passage' by the network; Conduction of panel discussions in universities by the network; Implementation of an online sweepstakes by the...