DirecTV to Raise Rates an Average 4%
- News nets could be next players in carriage wars. Dempsey, John // Variety;2/27/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 2, p18
The article focuses on a battle between cable networks and cable or satellite operators over fees and contracts. Cable operators and satellite broadcasters are preparing to keep cable network rate increases to the low single digits. Based on a formula that links cable network revenue to ratings,...
- Dish Net adds $1 to all-day Dolby tab. Hogan // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p32
Reports on United States-based satellite television firm EchoStar Communications Corp.'s decision to increase the rates for its pay-per-view movies on Dolby Digital Surround Sound format. Pricing policy of rival DirecTV Inc.
- MS Ultimate TV Fees Announced. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p24
Provides information on the monthly fee of the UltimateTV satellite recorder service of Microsoft Web TV Networks in California. Hours allowed for the digital video recording (DVR) and Internet access; Advantage of the service over traditional DVR-only services; provision of simultaneous...
- DirecTV nears signal deals. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;07/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p13
Reports on satellite television company DirecTV's negotiations with broadcast television networks for deals that would allow it to carry the signals of television stations in their local markets. Company's wait for results of the United States Congress' deliberations on satellite television...
- Power DirecTv threatens pull-out. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/1/95, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p51
Reports that the Canadian subsidiary of the American Satellite broadcaster DirecTv may be forced to withdraw plans for Canadian service. Statement from Joel Bell, chairman of Power DirecTv.
- DirecTV charms America with 24-hour Chinese channel. Mendoza, Jaime // Asia Pacific Arts;2/15/2010, p4
Launch of new satellite channel will stream Mainland content for Chinese-speaking audiences
- DirecTV soon to be available. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;6/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p15
Discusses the digital satellite broadcasting service to be marketed by DirecTV in Puerto Rico. Management of the service assigned to Galaxy Latin America; Discussion on Galaxy Latin America; Features of the digital broadcasting service.
- DirecTV adds channels. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;11/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p17
Focuses on the expansion of DirecTV's channel lineup for subscribers of its Platinum and Gold HBO premium plans. HBO Zone, ActionMax and HOB Family as the new channels included in the lineup; Target audience; Company's plan to launch a third satellite by the end of 2000; Third quarter 2000 plans.
- DirecTV to open new offices in Mayaguez. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;12/30/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p29
Informs that digital satellite television provider DirecTV will open an office in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico. Targeted systems sales; Future plans.