Lifetime-Dish Dispute May Cost Both Parties
- Satellite TV leaders poised to gain share. Stern, Christopher // Daily Variety;01/18/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 32, p9
Reports on the expected increase in market share of satellite networks DirecTV and EchoStar due to their offering of local television channels. Control of 12.5 per cent of the subscription television market; Increase in rate of price hikes in cable service; Attribution of cable rate increases...
- DBS deadline nearing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/99, Vol. 129 Issue 52, p18
Reports on the nearing deadline for direct broadcast satellite (DBS) providers to begin using a portion of their spectrum to fulfill public interest obligations in the United States. Number of channels carried by various DBS providers; Extension sought by EchoStar Communications Corp. to...
- Town Churn? // CableFAX Daily;9/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 179, p3
The article reports that town of Cable, Illinois is contemplating EchoStar's offer of free satellite television service in 2005.
- EchoStar to add Turner, Starz webs to its lineup. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/25/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 60, p36
Reports that DBS provider EchoStar Communications is planning to add three new Turner networks and a premium movie package from Starz Encore to its Dish network programming lineup.
- FRONT PORCH DIGITAL DIVARCHIVE AND DIVANET. Selway, Hugh // Millimeter;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p36
The article focuses on Echostar, one known company which delivers direct broadcast satellite (DBS) television content and services to its subscribers in the U.S. The company built and implemented a full-mirrored playout system at its facility in Gilbert, Arizona, which is allegedly centered on...
- DBS Turns a Corner. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p42
Reports on the success of rent or lease strategy of direct broadcast satellite in the U.S. Decline in churn rate of Echostar in the first quarter of 2002; Reason for subscribers' decision to drop satellite television; Cost comparison of satellite and cable television.
- EchoStar Q4 Revenue Climbs 14%, Moves Into Black. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/5/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p45
This article reports on the financial results posted by EchoStar Communications, provider of the Dish Network satellite television service, for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2003. Net income for the quarter reached $3 million, compared with a year-ago net loss of $716 million. Net...
- Echostar makes bid for Hughes' DirecTV. Collins, Laura // Broadcast Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 43 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the acquisition of the Hughes Electronic division and the DirecTV satellite service of General Motors company by Echostar company. Goal of the merged company; Plans for the operations of the merged company; Significance of the acquisition for both companies and for the television...
- No pie in the Sky. // Electronic Media;03/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Opinion. Comments on the announced merger of media mogul Rupert Murdoch's American Sky Broadcasting (ASkyB) and EchoStar Communications to form the direct broadcast satellite (DBS) service called Sky. Promise to provide Sky subscribers with a big list of channels and near-on-demand movies;...