THROUGH THE WIRE
- Dish Sets a Date: Feb. 1. Moss, Linda; Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the impact of EchoStar Communication Corp.'s dispute with its two programmers on its decision whether to still carry Court TV on its satellite service in the U.S. Echostar chairman Charlie Ergen said he might permanently replace Court TV on his Dish Network service if a...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p40
The article presents news briefs related to television broadcasting in the United States as of February 12, 2007. Court TV has returned on EchoStar Communications' Dish Network Friday. A cable television competition law does not apply to video-streaming Web sites. The financial performance of...
- Court TV Buys The Smoking Gun. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p30
Reports that United States-based cable network Courtroom Television Network has acquired two leading crime-and-justice niche Web sites, The Smoking Gun and The Crime Library. Integration of the sites into Court TV Online web site; Plans to draw on material from the sites to develop original TV...
- Court TV on to Documentaries. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on the initiative of cable television network Court TV to produce feature-length documentaries and plans to have theatrical releases for some of the films. Significance of the initiative; Overview of the films produced by the network; Evidence of the appeal of theatrical documentaries.
- EchoStar gavels off Court TV. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/2/2007, Vol. 397 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that EchoStar Communications Corp. dismissed Time Warner Inc.-owned Court TV from its Dish Network channel lineup effective on January 1, 2007 as a result of stalled carriage negotiations. EchoStar is intent on getting a rate decrease by downgrading Court TV to a channel tier...
- Resources From Court TV. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Oct2004, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p59
Reports on Court TV's Choices and Consequences program. Contents of the Web site of Court TV.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p38
The article offers news briefs on issues related television broadcasting in the U.S. The Court TV may permanently lose its slot on EchoStar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network on February 1, 2007. Telemundo Group Inc. has marked its 20th anniversary as a network. In addition, the A&E Network has...
- Court TV to Return to Dish Network. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;2/12/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p4
The article reports that Turner Broadcasting has made a deal with EchoStar Communications to return Court TV to the Dish Network satellite television lineup. Court TV has been off Dish since January 1, 2007 because of a dispute over how much EchoStar was willing to pay for the channel and which...
- 'Confessions' explores TV's dark side. Mason, M.S. // Christian Science Monitor;9/8/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 202, p18
Reviews the television show 'Confessions,' which will air on the Court TV cable television network.